• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Crown Princess Review

Editor Rating
2019 reviews
3 Awards

First Time on Princess but not the Last time!

Review for Crown Princess to the Western Mediterranean
ConnieInNewJersey
6-10 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Mar 2011
Cabin: Balcony

We booked a warm Western Caribbean getaway. This was a cruise of firsts for us. Normally just DH and I go on cruises alone but for the first time we decided to cruise with DH's sister and brother-in law. That made the trip more special and fun. This was our first Princess cruise, first Western Caribbean cruise and our first balcony also! Needless to say, we had a great time. The Crown had a wonderful staff who gave great service. In particular my cabin steward Mark was terrific and always had the cabin cleaned and in great shape upon our return. The dining staff were great and actually everyone we came in contact did their job well and were a pleasure to deal with.The balcony we had was large with a table and four chairs. Next trip that I have a balcony I am going to try and have breakfast there. I really appreciated the layout of the bathroom as it was more conducive to shaving my legs than most. The cabin did not feel camped and was arranged nicely for maximum storage. The food was good but their desserts were awesome - not a bad one to be had. I had never tried a specialty ship restaurant before but my sister-in-law wanted to try the Crown Grill so we did. The food wan really good and the portions huge. It is well worth the $25.00 pp surcharge. Would definitely do a Princess cruise in the Future.

Balcony

Cabin BF

Ample storage in cabin, nice layout. Great, big balcony. Good location near the aft elevators to the Horizon Food Court. A little cumbersome to get to forward locations.

Port Reviews

Grand Cayman (Georgetown)

Grand Cayman has good shopping and nice beaches. We shopped in the morning and my DH couldn't pass up the savings so he bought me diamond stud earnings as a early Christmas gift. We relaxed on Seven Mile beach in the afternoon.

Roatan

Roatan is a very beautiful island! We did the beach and lunch excursion. DH had a massage on the beach which at $25.00 for 30 minutes you can't beat it! We had wonderful, huge strawberry coladas and had a relaxing time. I would definitely go back to this island.

Cozumel

We did Tulum with a beach break and lunch. Tulum was great but it was a hot day and we were on the go from 7AM to 4:50PM and the ship left at 5PM! The beach we went to was a few miles from Tulum and had only one bathroom. I did not feel like waiting in line to change into my bathing suit so did not go into the water. DH did and he said it was nice and refreshing.

I am glad I went but next time would do a more relaxing excursion.

Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades)

We did the debark air boat and gardens excursion. The air boat ride (first time for DH) was nice, the alligator handling a photo op but the gardens were only average.

Find a Crown Princess Cruise from $239