3. Serenade of the Seas
We departed at the port of San Juan after spending two nice days enjoying the people and the food of Old San Juan. We stayed at the Caribe Hilton. Although I have read some bad reviews of the hotel we enjoyed our stay very much . Hotel needs a little TLC but the beds were heaven. The staff could not have been better with the exception of one grumpy gentlemen in the lobby. Ate at Aquaviva in Old San Juan and it was one of the best meals I have ever eaten on vacation! Buneo Aquaviva!! Our embarkation was easy and we were on the ship in about 15 minutes as all our paperwork was filled out and ready. Room was an aft cabin with a large balcony. It was perfect all week with one exception, smokers on the balcony next door:( and they smoked a lot. Celebrity no longer allows this and we will cruise them next time. Bed was comfortable and the seas were calm the whole week. Carlos was our cabin steward and kept the room clean and comfortable. We hardly saw him all week. I have one very large complaint, the smell on the 8th floor was terrible. I noticed that they had a "honeysucker" at one of the ports and we thought that would improve the odor in the halls and in our room but it did not. Did not notice the smell on other floors. We had My Time dining and ate at 8:30 every night with no problems. Our wait staff was truly top notch. Kudos to Hungria, Rehmi and especially Danny the head waiter. They made our trip most enjoyable. Food was good and the wine list was to our liking. Entertainment was OK. We liked the one fella that was from Baltimore (sorry forgot his name) that rode the unicycle, he was pretty funny! Lost $ in the casino. So did DH. Ports were fantastic and especially liked Dominica. It was our first time there and did the river tubing expedition. It was great! Did Tortola Charters in Tortola :) and went to Jost Van Dyke. Great trip but don't forget to bring $ they do not accept credit cards. Overall had a wonderful trip with the best islands and weather we have ever had. Nice group of people from cruise critic. Departing was easy and took a tour of the rain forest before heading home.

Sunny days on Serenade of the Seas

Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review by cruiserone

Lost $ in the casino. So did DH.

Nice group of people from cruise critic.

Departing was easy and took a tour of the rain forest before heading home.
cruiserone’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Get Royal Caribbean Serenade of the Seas price drops

Very quiet room. Closet never big enough for two adults and 8 days. Cabin steward kept room clean and tidy. Love the aft cabins and this one was no exception. Large balcony.

The "odor" was terrible all week. We noticed it all over the 8th floor. It really is ashame as that was the only real complaint.

We do not smoke so the people smoking outside was terrible. From 6am till 12am the smell of smoke permiated our room and balcony. this alone will prevent me from sailing RCI again.
  Serenade of the Seas Deck Plans