3. Oosterdam
This was our first cruise and we were very, very, very disappointed with it. The entertainment was below substandard and bordered on the offensively stupid at times. Just lousy! The coffee might as well have been poison, as it tasted so bitter and horrible that it bore no resemblance to my favorite drink. It was absolutely the WORST coffee drink I've ever had. I had one latte and one regular cup o'joe and never had it again. As addicted to coffee as I am, I went without rather than subject myself to that assault on my tastebuds again. The food? Overrated by far. As a vegetarian, my options were extremely limited. We had the same tiny menu EVERY single day and it got boring fast. Internet was slllloooow and far too expensive. Everything is geared toward the over 60 crowd, which I wish I had known before climbing onboard. We're in our mid-twenties and there really wasn't much for us to do. They don't give you enough time at port, although perhaps this is because of their mostly senior clientele. There were a few bright spots, but they were few and far between. First, it must be said that the crew was absolutely fabulous. They worked very hard and treated us very, very well. Whatever they are paid, it isn't near enough. Our cabin steward was worth twice his weight in gold. The bartenders really know their cocktails, and the waitstaff went above and beyond, as well. The shore excursions we went on were worth the money (helicopter and snorkel Virgin Gorda). They obviously aren't prepared to change plans on a dime, because one of our ports was canceled due to rough seas/weather. They didn't bother giving us an updated program for several HOURS after they returned the ship to sea. There really was nothing for all of us to do. Everyone was getting crabby and manners were shelved in favor of rudeness. We already spent an entire day at sea and did all that there was to do! We ended up doing laps on the deck until the rain prevented us from even doing that. We were relieved when Sunday finally came and we stepped off the boat.

Oosterdam - Eastern Caribbean

Oosterdam Cruise Review by firsttimecruisergirl

Internet was slllloooow and far too expensive.
We were relieved when Sunday finally came and we stepped off the boat.
firsttimecruisergirl’s Full Rating Summary