3. Enchantment of the Seas

We, my wife and I, arrived at Baltimore port at noon, waited through two short lines in car to off load bags and pay for parking, and parked about 100 feet from the bow of the ship. Have your bag tags on you luggage. Cleared through check in and were in cabin before 1 pm. Do not pack forbidden items or you will not get your luggage, you will have to chase it down and remove items. My wife tried to smuggle aboard a medium size scissors. Also be careful later, on my fourth trip aboard they took my pen knife with a 1 inch blade. You get you stuff back on leaving.

Food was just OK. Sometimes it was hard to find even one item to choose. Service was a little slow. We were at a table designed for 10 but expanded to 11. Lunch had a very good salad bar in MDR. I suggest Windjammer for breakfast, but whenever and where ever you go, get there early. Lunch in MDR starts at noon and bridge starts and 1 so I never had time to finish lunch. You will most likely have lunch in a few ports. Overall food was good if you select carefully and of course plentiful.

We ate at Chops one night, very good but not exceptional. There weren't many customers. As a test, I ordered two glasses of Chardonnay, without specifying any particular brand. The bill was $40 for two glasses of wine. I didn't mind, because it was a test, but if you would mind, ask ahead of time.

Exercise room was adequate, jumping thing was nothing, climbing wall was fun and I went up 7 times. Not as many activities as on some other ships. Library is small, internet is $.65 a minute. Bars are nice, drinks are awful. As usual, people are talking during the entertainment. Shows were good but were one person shows and you had to get there at 7:30 for 8:30 show to get a good seat. If you got there after 8 you didn't get a seat at all. Plan to get to everything at least 15 minutes early or you will face long lines. There are a lot of people on board RCL ships. The average age of the passengers was "old". I am 66 and the large majority of the people were much older than me. My tab was $199 which included drinks, one excursion, and a few souvenirs along with the $40 for 2 glasses of wine. Getting off the ship is very easy if you can carry all of your bags. We left the port at 8 am. The only problem was the crowded elevators. We were on deck 8, but of course people were getting on below and riding up and then back down. Be prepared for crowds everywhere. In general, a very nice cruise.

Enchantment of the Seas New England and Canada

Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by ripon66

ripon66’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Large Inside Stateroom
Cabin K 8551

It is not obvious at first, but there is lots of storage space. Just remember where you put everything. I always get an interior cabin, on the highest deck, and near one of the elevators. I never take an elevator unless it is up more than 3 floors. On this trip, we were right under the Windjammer, very convenient to it and the showroom and the pools. A long ways from the dining room and some of the bars. Twin beds give you a lot more room than shoved together as one large bed. I suggest using public restrooms for #2. Toilets on ships don't always work well. There are handicap restroom stalls that are bigger than the cabin bathroom and have a lavatory in them. Another reason to get a cabin near the stairs.

Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins