• Newsletter
  • Cruise Tips

Mariner of the Seas Review

Editor Rating
4 Awards

NO MORE bidding up for us !

Review for Mariner of the Seas to the Bahamas
ninagam
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Family

Sail Date: Oct 2021
Cabin:

I give high score for the cleanliness onboard, food was delicious in the dining room, especially considering it was a 4 night cruise. Wait staff and the rest of the crew were fabulous, my only issue was with the bidding up option. We did bid up from our oceanview balcony for a suite, and the Friday before sailing they "Congratulated us" for winning the bid to a cabin 203 square feet with a smaller balcony, a $30.00 upgrade at the time of booking...NOT GOOD, i offered way more than 30. per person. ANYWAY, after my travel agent asked, I asked, then asked again onboard, NO LUCK. Later Day 1 they offered us a Junior Suite...to late, 3 of us all unpacked already, they should have done that the first 3 times we asked, not late in the evening while getting ready for dinner.

The cabin we were in was just fine, NO upgrade was needed. I have learned my lesson to no longer BID. I just heard so many folks had luck with it, mine was a waste of $$.

ON a positive note, we would go back again on Mariner, Perfect Day at CoCo Cay was a great island.

room was clean, spacious, plenty of space for clothes, we were 3 in the cabin. balcony was spacious.

9 Helpful Votes