• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Deals

Norwegian Getaway Review

Editor Rating
8 Awards

Nice ship, but extremely poor communication

Review for Norwegian Getaway to the Mediterranean
coffeespoonman
2-5 Cruises • Age 40s

Family

Sail Date: Sep 2021
Cabin:

I don't have a lot of bad things to say about the cruise overall. The entertainment was sparse, but what we saw was generally good. Food was mostly excellent, although it's very clear they want you to go to the speciality restaurants, which we didn't try. The people standing in the dining room singing "washy washy" when you enter was EXTREMELY annoying - who thought that talking to guests like they're 5 years old was a good idea? But the thing that absolutely ruined the cruise for us was that there was ZERO onboard communication about the fact that we couldn't leave the ship in Italy (our last two ports) without taking a tour.

Look, I know those are government restrictions - I don't blame NCL for that. But this wasn't mentioned ANYWHERE on the ship for the first 8 days. And when I complained that I wasn't told, all they did was pass the buck onto the travel agent. First guest services, then a guest services manager, then a customer service rep on the phone. "Your travel agent should have told you." Fine, yes, they should have, but you didn't think this was worth mentioning in the daily newsletter? Sending a letter to staterooms that didn't book excursions? Announcing over the PA? Anything?

So for the last two days of our otherwise decent cruise, we'll be sitting on the ship staring out over Naples and Livorno. Thanks Norwegian. Big oversight if you ask me.

10 Helpful Votes