Harmony of the Seas Cruise Review
1,969 Reviews

Weird lack of ocean views on this ship

Harmony of the Seas Cruise Review by earlybird8

• Sail Date: Feb 2019
  • Destination: the Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View Balcony

After more than 25 cruises, I found one where I couldn't wait for it to end. Literally, after about 4 days, I was wishing I could just get off the ship and never go back.

But first the good parts:

Room steward was TERRIFIC. Main dining room late seating food was always good. Ship was clean, lots to do, never felt too crowded. Rising Tide and Trellis Bar are both fun, but no ocean views (see below). Embarkation and debarkation both a snap.

So why was I in a hurry for it all to end?

Harmony is just the strangest ship in that you can hardly see the ocean. Seriously. We had a balcony stateroom but that was the only place we sit and relax and look at the water. All of the other indoor venues faced inward, giving it the feel of being in a Las Vegas mall, not on the ocean. It happened that the weather was terrible (windy and cold) on our sailing, so having an inside protected place to sit while enjoying the outdoor view was critical. On day 6 my group decided we must just have missed the bar where you could sit and enjoy an unobstructed view of the ocean. There had to be one, right? So we set out with a map to find that magical place. There isn't one.

So - if you want to spend a week feeling like you are hanging out in a mall, go for it. Otherwise, choose another ship, like Anthem of the Seas, and its fabulous Two70 where the views were just stunning.

earlybird8's Full Rating Summary

Ocean View Balcony

Clean, roomy, and very well tended by the steward.

earlybird8