Nieuw Statendam Cruise Review

New friends

Nieuw Statendam Cruise Review by Sailingthe7seas

• Sail Date: Feb 2020
  • Destination: the Eastern Caribbean

Exceptional entry for me to travel since my loss. Welcomed warmly om board. Almost instantly met a wonderful group of seniors from St Augustine and we all learned about one another. Each day a group religious service was on ( I needed that) and wasn't practicing for many years). The public areas were kept exceptionally clean and the staff tended to your EVERY need. While many cruise and report this and that wasn't right. Not in hindsight I am sure 100% they were pre COVID 19 and unhappy people finding a reason /season to be vocal. The activities were interesting for all walks of life (socio-economic, education level, Culture, Age) I was surprised to see people bringing children ono HAL. There are many cruise lines that cater to the little ones and HAL is known for their "quiet, laid back, no noise" rapport. One parent reported " there are less families and then my kids can be catered to" I guess it makes sense. They do have an alcove for activities for them.

Food selections, dietary restriction and presentation were all A+.

Room service afforded us those early morning tea/coffee when we didn't want to go tot he buffet area. Dinners were filled with entertaining waiters, hosts and lead waitstaff. The baked Alaska parade was 80% reduced with lighting, fun, music, celebration. Pools were ample. open. clean and there was a female bartender who was exceptionally professional, engaging to her passengers and genuinely cared about your drink satisfaction. Always delivered each cocktail with a bright cheery smile by the pool area. I left here with peace, relaxation, time to think, a bunch of friends and most importantly a cruise to have memories of a lifetime. There was a "new" show of a Brooklyn production company that were exquisite. The gals dad who ran the show ensured to communicate with many passengers "how this is the next big thing on the seas" and it was/

Sailingthe7seas's Full Rating Summary

Amber Cove (Puerto Plata)

Beautiful landscape - Zip line was something I wouldnt have ever done although I did and it was memorable

Next Review