3. MSC Divina
This was our 4th cruise over the past 4 years (2 Princess, 1 Celebrity and 1 MSC). We decide to give MSC a try because we loved the look of the ships. After some research we chose the Divina mainly do the the itinerary. It was a 12 day cruise with stops in Jamaica, Aruba, Columbia, Panama, Mexico and their own island. We had some amazing experiences and some not so good experiences. I thought I would break them out for all interested. Especially when looking at MSC for a vacation. 1) THE BOAT - Grade B+. the ship was very nice extremely clean and we really enjoyed all the options for the night life. Many different lounges or bars and always something going on. Probably one of our favourite ships. The stair case in the main area was breath taking. 2) THE ROOM - Grade A. We had a balcony room in the Aurea #12083 area of the ship. The room was great and felt bigger then other rooms we had on other ships. Lots of storage and even the shower doors folded inwards to make the bathroom feel much larger. They could use some new hangers, and new bead spreads but I’m sure that is coming. The beds were very comfortable. 3) THE FOOD - Grade A+. ok I have to say that when researching MSC I read a lot about the food being sub par. This couldn’t be further from the truth. The food is INCREDIBLE. In fact easily the best food offering of any ship we have travelled. There wasn’t a meal or dish we didn’t enjoy. On Feb 14th we paid $138 to have dinner in the steak house which included a bottle of champagne. The steak was one of the best steaks I’ve had. Cooked perfect. Service was subpar and the rest of the meal just ok. Probably not worth the $138 we paid but I guess I might pay it again just to eat that perfectly cooked steak. I can’t say enough about the food. If your thinking of MSC you will not be disappointed with the food. 4) THE ENTERTAINMENT - Grade D- Very disappointing. If you enjoy the nightly shows when you cruise then don’t choose MSC. It was horrible. The first night was lip singing. I couldn’t believe it when I saw it lip singing can you imagine. The nights following were disappointing as well. I hope I can explain this well but I appreciate the signers trying but they just were not good mainly because they were singing in English and they had a hard time pronouncing English words. This is the mistake that MSC made when booking entertainment. One of the nights the singers sang in there own language and even though I didn’t understand I thought it was the best night because they were pretty good. If MSC want to have English entertainment then they should hire English people if not then let them sign in there own language so we can at least enjoy the talent. Oh by the way the second to last night they did lip singing again

MSC- Was good but service and excursions sub par

MSC Divina Cruise Review by The Cruising Couple

• Sail Date: February 2020
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Aurea Balcony Stateroom

The Cruising Couple’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Divina price drops

Aurea Balcony Stateroom
Cabin B3
Great cabin as stated before. Lots of room and storage
Cupido Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins