3. MSC Divina
Embarkation took longer than other cruise lines. Less than 2/3 of the check-in booths were open. Because of the coronavirus a medical report had to be filled out by each passenger on site and the crew member passing those out was rude and impatient. I was surprised to learn that this ship had no app which provided the daily schedule, ship map, etc. I didn't realize how much I used it while on other cruise lines until it was absent. The evening entertainment in the theatre was incredible--the best I've experienced. The food was good; portions well meted out. Service in the main dining room (Black Crab) was slow. Not a reflection on the waiters; I believe they were simply understaffed. In addition, the main dining room was overcrowded with tables packed in so tightly it was difficult to maneuver through; my husband was elbowed in the back of his head by a waiter serving the table behind us. We attended the second Gala (dress-up) night and were overdressed compared to some, who wore shorts & button-down shirts. The only other "free meal" alternative is the buffet. The food there was good but difficult to find a time when the place wasn't crowded, similar to the buffets on other ships when there aren't many free alternatives; much patience had to be practiced during mealtime. Some in my party were disappointed that no soft-serve ice cream machines were on this ship and the gelato was overpriced. My ideal evening on a ship is a relaxing meal in the main dining room, enjoying the show in the the theatre and then finish the evening in a hot tub. Not possible on this ship because of the slowness in the main dining room and the early closure of the hot tubs. The ship claims to have a walking track, but it is not marked at all so the area was overrun by lounge chairs during daylight hours. The only alternative was the gymnasium, but the fitness equipment had a 30 minute limit. Also disappointing that the hot tubs closed relatively early at 10 PM. The excursions offered by the cruise line were lacking in selection and high in cost. I don't know if that's due to the ports we visited or the cruise line. At Tortolla, British Virgin Islands we booked our own transportation to the Baths at Virgin Gorda by using the recommendation of the Visitor's Bureau available directly off the ship. We paid $82 per person rather than the $100 charged by MSC and had no problems getting back on time. In St. Martin we rented a dune buggy for 4 hours from Electric Adventures. The owner is tremendous. Tell him what sights you want to visit and he'll give instructions on how to get there, as well as a cellphone (if needed) to contact him should anything come up (nothing did). Disembarkation went fine. Note that MSC had a bus available for its passengers to take to the airport for $8 a person. It may have taken a bit longer to get to the airport than hailing a cab but was more convenient.

Fantastic entertainment; much of the rest a disappointment

MSC Divina Cruise Review by mjw8342

• Sail Date: January 2020
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Fantastica Interior Stateroom

mjw8342’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Divina price drops

Fantastica Interior Stateroom
Cabin I2
Our interior stateroom was the smallest interior cabin I've ever experienced (cruised Carnival, Royal Caribbean & NCL). Also the bed was too hard. The closet was opposite the bathroom and neither could be opened simultaneously. Our room steward was satisfactory; my only request was for ice each evening. He fulfilled that request all but the first and last nights. Note the only benefit to booking "Fantastica" is the ability to choose your cabin as well as free room service for a period of time during the day.
Cupido Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins