3. Grand Princess
I understand - - many things are "out of control" when one engages a large cruise. experience On this one for example, a passenger fell sick, the ship aborted a"port of call," and our disembarkment was delayed by over nine hours. This meant, of course, that over three thousand people missed their planes, hotels and other vacation plans. The staff - mostly Filipinos, Ukrainians and Russians - worked so hard to make this difficult time easier. However, the company offered us nothing. The experience was ripe for customer service; a coupon for a future cruise, an afternoon of "free beverages" - - heck, even a trinket or a gift of sorts would have been appreciated. Instead - and for some odd reason, the company decided to shut down the pools and ban us from some decks. Throughout this entire experience, we weren't offered so much as a complimentary glass of wine. The company gave us "free internet" - and waived our phone charges or one day. This, I guess, was done to make it easier for us to find flights home. It was a nice gesture, but not enough considering the severe inconvenience. Another terrible story - - I fell during an excursion, and tried to secure an "ice pack" for my swollen leg. No one would comply. The medical staff told me to call the kitchen. Room service sent me to the front desk. In the end, I had to put together my own ice bag. . using a plastic bag from the front desk, a bucket of ice (for which I was charged!) for the ice. I kid you not. Nope. Not a good experience. Hard working, desperate and eager staff. Sad, to see them trying so hard - - working or a multi-billion dollar corporation without a soul. Never, never get my business - ever again.

What a nightmare.

Grand Princess Cruise Review by Kristobella

• Sail Date: January 2020
  • Destination: Hawaii
  • Cabin Type: Interior

It was a nice gesture, but not enough considering the severe inconvenience.

Never, never get my business - ever again.
Kristobella’s Full Rating Summary