Carnival Conquest Cruise Review

Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by Love2CruiseTampa

• Sail Date: Feb 2020
  • Destination: the Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View

I chose this cruise to take with my family of five (two adults, three kids under the age of 12) because it was an excellent value and we could have connecting ocean view rooms. This was my 20th cruise and 7th with Carnival.

Embarkation- I parked in the port lot directly across the street from the terminal after dropping off my family and luggage. It could not have been closer, though at $22 per day was a little steep. We literally walked onto the ship after waiting in the security line for under 5 minutes.

Ship- the entire ship has a French Impressionist theme, which we really enjoyed. The art around the public spaces was lovely to look at. I'm not sure what some of the reviews here are meaning by dirty or worn areas; I did not notice anything like that anywhere. There was a little rust on the hull, however, but that is not a problem.

Cabin- We had connecting rooms on the Riviera Deck (1), all the way aft. We were surprised that the rooms seemed large and had tons of hangers and closet space. The noise from the engines was minimal and we even remarked how we thought it would be worse. Bathrooms were nice and a good size.

Dining- We had most of our breakfasts in the Monet dining room as we prefer that to the buffet. Dinners were also in the Monet and lunch at the buffet/ Guy's/ Blue iguana. Every meal we had was tasty and well prepared. The fish was a tad dry, but still good. There was always a good selection to choose from. Is it "fine" dining? No, but it doesn't come at that price either. It is however, very good, and we enjoyed ourselves very much.

Entertainment- The cruise director, Kyndall Fire was really great and seemed to be everywhere! The shows were well done and the dancers especially good.

Service- Everyone we interacted with was just excellent.

Ports- We did not do any Carnival excursions:

Grand Turk- We took the Island Tram and saw the island, then snorkeled right off the beach by the pier. Had a great time though the water was not as clear as usual as storms had come through the day before.

San Juan- Walked off the ship into the old town, saw the fort, had dinner in the city. Very safe, beautiful and a great place to wander.

St. Thomas- We got a taxi to Sapphire Beach and spend our time there. It was $50 each way for all 5 of us and took about 20 minutes. There is a restaurant, bar, and facilities to use but we brought our Carnival towels so we did not have to rent chairs.

Amber Cove- This was a surprise. I booked a private tour with RV Tours and we had the best time. Just the 5 of us, our driver and guide. We saw the town, rode the cable car to the mountain top, and stopped at rum, amber, and chocolate factories. Highly recommend.

Children Program- Our kids love Camp Ocean and enjoy the programs very much.

Summary- I would sail the Conquest again. However, the lack of the water park that some of the other Carnival ships have (even the smaller Fantasy Class) would make me probably pick one of those over her if my kids were with me again. Also, I would choose, if possible, a cabin on deck 6 or higher simply because the galley and restaurants make it so that you cannot walk fore to aft on decks 3 or 4, which was annoying if your cabin is below those.

Love2CruiseTampa's Full Rating Summary

Ocean View

Excellent cabin and larger than we thought it would be. Surprisingly little engine noise.

Island Tour

Nice tour, though they left early from the meeting point and we almost missed the tour.

View All 116 Island Tour Reviews