3. Carnival Conquest
We went with a group of 58 from our community. We do not normally sail Carnival as we are not big fans. I must say I was surprised by a few things. 1) When we were able to access our cabin, one piece of luggage was waiting for us!! This is the first time since we started cruising is 2002 that luggage was waiting for US. The second piece came about 20 minutes after the first piece. 2) The food was surprisingly good on this ship. I was on the Victory a few years ago and the food was just awful. This certainly was a pleasant surprise. We had a balcony cabin and the size was on par with other cruise lines - there was plenty of closet space and the shower was a decent size. Our Cabin Steward was fabulous - we have never had bad service on any cruise we have been on - and took care of our few requests in a timely manner. The entertainment - especially the comedians were excellent! They have really upgraded their entertainment and the special effects in the theater were awesome. The ports were the usual. We have never been to Belize and Roatan so that was interesing. We did a Zip Line excursion through the ship, which was very well run and a great deal of fun. We did cave tubing in Belize through a private company as the ship's excursions got very poor ratings on their website. We just went onshore in Grand Cayman and Cozumel as these were repeat stops for us. Now for the awful: 1. Muster drill was absolutely horrendous!! They still do it where you squeeze on to the deck and keep getting pushed back. It was so bad, our friend passed out because she was pushed up against the wall of the ship. There is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON why the can't use the public rooms. Royal and Celebrity have eliminated this uncomfortable muster. I hope that, in the future, Carnival changes their protocol. 2. Elevators - the lights on the elevators were hard to see and it was hard to discern when the elevator was there. We were on Deck 8 Mid-Ship and had to walk aft to get to the dining room on Deck 3. You could not walk forward to aft on 3 because the galley is mid-ship. There are four elevators at each spot, but it seems at night when trying to get down, ony 1 or 2 worked!!! Also, if you didn't know where to get off in the ports, there were no signs directing you to what deck to get off. 3. Luggage Retrieval - This is a joke. They give your numbered tags so you would think it was like the other cruise lines NO - they have a conveyer belt like the airports and the workers also just stack them up willy nilly on the floor in no particular order!! I know Carnival is building a new terminal in Miami - let's hope this improve. Like I said, we are not fans of Carnival - we went because of our group - and we had a good time but I don't think we will be sailing with them again - not even with our group.

Surprisingly Good

Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by beachbaby830

Now for the awful:

beachbaby830’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Conquest price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8B
Nice size cabin with plenty of storage. Smaller than expected balcony. Nice size shower in adequate bathroom. Lots of shelves but not under sink storage.
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins