3. Viking Buri
We contacted Viking initially because of a special price which included free air fare. However, we were sold by the incredible sales representative we had. He was knowledgeable, friendly, and extremely helpful. After booking, it seemed that every person we talked to who “knew” someone who had gone on a Viking cruise had nothing but wonderful things to say about it. However, we were somewhat skeptical because we felt the price was exceptional. We were not disappointed and are planning our second trip! Everything from the easy website and pre cruise information to the representatives meeting us at the airport on arrival in France and staying with us until we went through security on the return flight was so reassuring and stress free. The boat was beautiful and comfortable, staff went to extremes to be accommodating, and the inclusive and extra tour options were good. Honestly, it is a fantastic deal for your money. The best part, in my opinion, it that you are not charged for anything on board unless you want a drink in the middle of the afternoon. All inclusive beer and wine at all dinners is great, and they even offer several afternoon parties and events that also served alcohol. We were greeted by staff on return from each excursion with a special treat such as a drink, snack item or cool washcloths and given bottles of water every day as we set out. We paid our gratuities ahead of time and literally didn’t have to spend a penny besides personal shopping. Another aspect that was wonderful was the levels they offered for the tours. My mother with whom I was traveling was 81. Viking staff offered “slower “ walking tours where the guide would avoid stairs and simply went at a slower pace than the other groups. Overall, it was a trip of a lifetime for my mother, and I can’t wait to take my husband.

Lived up to the hype!