Carnival Spirit Cruise Review
1,126 Reviews

Needs better food

Carnival Spirit Cruise Review by DToohey.

• Sail Date: Oct 2019
  • Destination: the South Pacific
  • Cabin Type: Interior with French Door (obstructed views)

This was my 5th cruise first time with Carnival. The room was excellent, lots of space, couch, desk, table, 2 really comfortable beds. The outside areas were good and unlike P&O the music, which is always 'dance/night club music' and at volumes louder than any Heavy Metal concert I've ever been to, Is easy listening and you can talk with out yelling. The entertainment is good, the shops are good, I don't drink but the bars are good as are the bands, etc.

The only real problem is the food "Buffet" which is very American, and never changes . I have more choice in the food court at my local mall. Sorry Carnival but the food is better on P&O. Carnival needs to adopt the Pantry like P&O has. More variety and things other than fish and pork all the time which I don't eat if it wasn't for the 24hr pizza place i'd have starved. Its actually worth going on the ship just for the pizza's.

BUT, having said that the food I was able to eat was awesome. The last night I had roast beef in a flavoured gravy and I want back again and again...the wraps at the deli are great. The bbq isn't bad. Its just that the menu doesn't change much. The chicken curry pies are awesome. The chips are usually hot, never had any that were cold. As for the restaurant, I don't like eating my dinner or lunch in sections up to 15 minutes apart. Nice food though. The staff are great, the service is good. They all seem to have a good sense of humour. I'm going on the new Splendor in 2020. Can't wait.

DToohey.'s Full Rating Summary

Interior with French Door (obstructed views)

Loved the cabin, lot of room good bathroom plenty of clothe space.

Every day or night there is a movie on the big screen on deck 9. You can go to the buffet get some snacks walk a very short distance and watch a movie, Bar staff come around taking orders. Cleaners come around taking plate, glasses etc away.

DToohey.