Allure of the Seas Cruise Review
2,995 Reviews

Good but didn't meet my expectations

Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by letscruise100

• Sail Date: Dec 2019
  • Destination: the Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: undefined

This is our 6th time cruising, second time with Royal, first time with a big ship like Allure.

Embarkation was super easy. We were about an hour late than our scheduled check-in time, but no problem at all.

Disembarkation was also easy. We took our luggage ourselves.

The ship is big. Our cabin was near the front of the ship so every time we either took 5th floor (has all the shops) or 8th (central park) or 15th (pools) to the main dining room, not a problem for us because we thought that was a way to explore the interesting parts of ship.

Breakfast: If you go before 9am, there wouldn't be a line at the windjammer; but around 10am, you would start seeing long lines for breakfast on the at-sea days. Main dining room also serves breakfast, less crowded, with chef cooking omelette for you, which windjammer didn't have. Other free breakfast places simply provided same version of windjammer with much less choices, so we didn't even bother trying.

Lunch: We only tried windjammer for lunch, which was just an ok level and didn't impress us at all.

Dinner: Windjammer had really good steak and deserts that I liked on a few nights. They had an ice cream station and hibachi station on a few nights. Overall speaking, dinner at windjammer was better than its lunch. It closed at 9pm which wasn't very convenient.

The food in the main dining room was good, especially the beef tenderloin. We didn't try any other specialty restaurants because we are always like Royal's main dining room.

Problems with Windjammer: There was no separate plate to place tongs. The tongs was just placed back to the tray after people took the food, the food could be contaminated this way. Considering a big ship like this, I can't believe Allure has such loose safety standard at its biggest buffet place. And one night, Windjammer had a chocolate night dinner with lots of big cakes which was very nice. But the problem was that they didn't even provide cake cutters, they just put a regular knife there for each cake. Other types of cake was probably okay cutting with the knife but not the tiramisu cake, which was soft. So after just a couple cuts using the knife, the cake became so disgusting and messy. Again, I can't believe Windjammer on Allure was this unprofessional!

Cabin: We had an inside cabin. No conditioner in the shower, only shampoo/body wash 2 in 1. The shower was a cylinder shape and was really small.. I wear pretty size S/XS, if I say the shower is very small, think about the people having bigger size than me. Sometimes when I showered, I had to open the shower door a bit so I could get more space.

Entertainment was good. We could tell that they are trying their best to entertain us. I like the ice show and the diving show.

There were no toilet covers in the public restrooms which was a surprise to me.

We like Ziplining but the ziplining on Allure was boring.

Overall speaking, it was good but didn't meet my expectations for Allure.

letscruise100's Full Rating Summary