3. Norwegian Bliss
This was my first time sailing with NCL. Good: The ship/Bliss was amazing. Loved the pool, hot-tubs, variety of places. Observation deck, mini-suite. The staff was always kind and willing to help. I felt the staff tried to go above and beyond when needed. Enjoyed the proposed itinerary. Liked the 2-beverages on premium package. (nice my husband or I could order for each other, although we both had the package). Garden Café was awesome (props to Indian station) loved the waterslides Areas for opportunities (and why I may not return to NCL): The food was sub-par, often the food was over cooked (example steak ordered med/well and served well. Kids club/Seals; activities seemed geared to younger kids. My kids were 8 and 9. They hated it and refused to go. Other cruise lines they loved the activities. Kids had to keep wrist band on entire trip. If band was damaged then replaced fror free. Otherwise $5 charge. I was no sure I could convince them to return so they kept band on for trip. Last night I tried to enroll them in club, but club was closed 6-7 (prime dinner time) and there was line of 40 families waiting to sign-up. Reservations would be nice. Like the concept of freestyle. Reality is I spent hours prior to boarding and within first 24 hours of ship trying to get restaurants, laser, go-carts and entertainment reservations. I spent about 4 hours in line to coordinate. Would be helpful to have opportunity to make online in advance The app, TV did not sync reservations. Difficult knowing what was accurate. I resorted to old school pen/paper. The tender service to private island was horrific. Delayed several hours. By time our tender number was called it was mid-afternoon. This was a disappointment. Onboard entertainment- SIX was awesome. JB was too old school. Need entertainment for younger crowd. At restaurants staff asked for food order before the drink order. The variety and quality of the drink menu was lacking. Staff asked for food order before drink order. The room we book had 4 pp on reservation. The first night, the room was not set-up for 4 to sleep. We got back to room with tired kids. Called desk to request beds be set-up. Waited 45 minutes. Called back and was disconnected. Called back no answer. I left rook to visit guest services. By the time I returned someone was helping back 2 beds. internet package - often did not work- too slow. pool desk entertainment, opportunity for more kid activities.

Bliss fun trip!

Norwegian Bliss Cruise Review by Acocotas

• Sail Date: November 2019
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Mid-ship Mini-Suite with Balcony
This was my first time sailing with NCL.

Good:

Enjoyed the proposed itinerary.

Garden Café was awesome (props to Indian station)

loved the waterslides

Areas for opportunities (and why I may not return to NCL):

At restaurants staff asked for food order before the drink order.

internet package - often did not work- too slow.

pool desk entertainment, opportunity for more kid activities.
Acocotas’s Full Rating Summary