3. Norwegian Epic
I choose this cruise because of its ports of call, despite my negative overall impression of NCL from a prior cruise (more later). This cruise confirmed my previous nehative impressions but I was more imrpessed with NCL's positives. I think senior NCL execs are making some very poor decisions. My experieince is tempered by the fact I choose a Haven cabin. Haven gives cruises some nice perks, its own dining room with never a wait, skipping most lines, reservd seqting at major events, etc. But haven is expensive. Without those perks this review would be less positive. I did find the food, the entertainment, and the service excellent. I wish some acts gave more performances earlier (like how at the moon). But the great things the crew does on the ship is compromised by what I considered mis-guided policies by management. An example. When leaving on an excursion, there was an NCL crew member selling water for $4.00 just before you got off the ship, which I bought. That is expensive but I am OK with that; I can choose to pay that or not. But when I check my bill, I am charged $5.20 becuase they added 30% service charge and 10% port tax. Yes NCL states on their website a service charge gets added. But they did not say that where they were selling the water. And note we were in port in A European city. You cannot due that in Europe. If somthing is going to cost $5.20 with fess, you must state the cost is $5.20. They do not allow the deceptive practice of stating the price is $4.00. Now I doubt stating the accurate full price would cost NCL much in profit. But they engage in that deception probably because some bean-counter thinks that is a better way of making money. IMHO, that decision is only compromising the atmosphere of great customer service on that ship. That is but one small example. That type of thing happens in a variety of ways. Of special note is how they handle internet service. I am an expert in compuetr science and networking. NCL's implementation is all screwed up (I do not think they are alone in the cruise industry). I had a package that gave me free minutes, more minutes than I could ever use. So thier messed up implementation was not a cost issue for me. But I got on one time and nothing would work, I went to logiss and that did not work. It took 20 minutes to logoff. And I had to logoff because if you just cut the network connection, they keep charging you for minutes. To me that is fraud, the technology knows you have logged off when the network connection is cut. There are other things about how they do interent that is bad for customers and bad for NCL I have offered to share my experience and expertise with NCL (I have a screen recording of the session where I could not logoff). I am not confident NCL will take me up on my offer, I do not sense they care (the internet manage on board did not). Again this attitude compromises the great effort made by most of the crew on board. If the executives cared as much about the customer experience as the crew does, NCL could be a greta cruise line.

A mixture of good and bad.

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by azalea4va

• Sail Date: November 2019
  • Destination: Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Aft-Facing Penthouse with Balcony

azalea4va’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Epic price drops

Aft-Facing Penthouse with Balcony
Cabin H6
What a stupid design. The space was layed out very inefficiently. They had an area that was designed to double as a desk and make-up area. That is where the phone was. But they put it in the bathroom. A desk in the bathroom? And the bathroon was separated from the mail cabin area by a curtain?? The bed was round. I guarantee the person who thought this round bed was a good idea was not over 6' tall. It was also a real pain for the cabin steward. Rectangular sheets on a round bed? Less modern design and more practicality please.
Deck 13 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• St. Raphael Walking Tour
    St Raphael was just a twon to visit, nothing special. But the scenic corniche drive back was great.
    View All 3 St. Raphael Walking Tour Reviews
  • Pompeii Walking Tour
    We did the Pompeii on your own tour. The transporation was provided by NCL but we were on our won for the tour. The "leader" messed up on one part. When we set us loose to explore, he neglected to tell us which entrace we were going in (or that it was important to note it). When returning to the buses, that was important information to have.
    View All 470 Pompeii Walking Tour Reviews
  • Soller Walking Tour
    Title was Magical Majorca and train to soller. Soller was OK. Train ride was really neat.
    View All 15 Soller Walking Tour Reviews
  • Jeep Tour
    Lots of fun driving around the island with the guide. Each couple got their own jeep (there was room, althohg cramped, for a third in the back of the Jeep).