3. Norwegian Epic
This was my third time on the Epic and I still enjoy the ship, particularly the comfy chairs on the pool deck by the table tennis tables that don't seem to get discovered by anyone else until the end of the cruise! We were beset with worse weather than normal and this meant that we had to skip Malta, but they turned it into a sea day and added Athens the next day instead. That was an impressive reorganisation and a credit to the team handling it. The second set of bad weather was in Naples, where we were delayed on entering. They persisted which was good, but it threw all the shore excursion times off schedule. The shore excursion team themselves did a fantastic job rearranginging, but were completely left in the lurch by the captain/senior officers who did not make an in-cabin announcement to say we had actually docked and to head for the the theatre for your excursion - consequently, a lot of people missed their trip. There was absolutely no justification for not making that announcement, so make sure you stay by your meeting point if bad weather happens to you. The ship was in good condition and the crew were constantly cleaning and repairing - I even saw them polishing the tops of light fittings on a port day. We ate in all the speciality restaurants and enjoyed them all, although I can never do justice to Modernos. The cheese rolls and salad bar there make it worth going though. There was an issue in Le Bistro about the dining package on the last day which was mishandled by the hostess in charge, and ruined that event, which was unfortunate on the last day of the cruise. Food was great though, and service had been excellent up until that point. Our best meal was actually in the free Jasmine Garden; and I also enjoyed the Sushi Bar. Entertainment was quite good - Burn the Floor is a must see, and generally I find the individual entertainers int he lounges/bars more enjoyable than those in the theatre, but that might just be me. Options in the main theatre included Priscilla Queen of the Desert, Burn the Floor, a Violinist, comedian and magician, and a signing trio (who were good singers but repeated every element of their act, including poor jokes, so not one to repeat seeing!). The Cirque Dreams experience is well worth seeing - I prefer to sit on the balcony to avoid the audience participation, and a crick in the neck from looking up at the acrobats. On several occasions, the NCL app with the schedule information was inaccurate, so I suggest relying on the printed schedules instead, as we missed a show because of that (and the entertainment staff member was rude when shown the erroneous app). Staff were generally friendly, but this cruise I didn't find anyone crew member particularly stood out for their welcome and work. I also found that no-one checked for latitudes status when booking things where you get discounts, so consequently had to spend a lot of time checking my account to make I sure I got almost $500 I was owed! Again, not a usual experience on NCL and perhaps a reflection that the crew were not motivated this time for some reason. However, if you're new to NCL you will probably not notice any of these 'issues' and have a great time.

Enjoyable cruise

Huntingdon1701’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Epic price drops

Mid-Ship Balcony
Cabin BA
This is an excellent cabin - you are in one of the 'bulges', meaning you can look out forward and aft without seeing other cabins. It was in pristine condition.

It is in the middle of the ship, so protected from some of the movement, but a couple of minutes walk from the stais/lifts as Epic don't have any mid-ship ones. There is a service entry directly opposite, but I wasn't disturbed by any banging. In fact, Perfecto, my steward, was a wizard of efficiency and cleaned the cabin in the blink of an eye.

Like all Epic cabins (not the solo ones), the toilet does has a clear partition rather than the obscured wall people expect. It wasn't a problem, given the curtain you can pull across the cabin to conceal you.

The balcony is surprisingly spacious compared to other NCL ships, although the chairs are uprights rather than loungers (you couldn't fit two of those on), and it comes with a handy table, which I used as a footrest.

I would try to book this cabin again if sailing on the Epic.
Deck 12 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins