3. Queen Elizabeth
The ship was beautiful, very sturdy and we'll maintained. The staff in general were excellent, the service good, but the food was a real let down. It was either bland or too salty and overcooked. The Britannia restaurant was poor so was the buffet on the Lido deck. So disappointing. Of the three cruise lines I have travelled on this was the poorest. My accessible cabin was wonderful, everything I asked for was there. The three companions I was with were happy with the service and the cruise generally. I I did not book any excursions as I travelled with a mobility scooter. The first shuttle bus was acceptable and helpful but at Lanzarote my companions and I boarded the bus and were dumped at the end of the new port. (Why go to a place closed on Sunday?) There were no shops or cafes available, and we were told we had to walk 20 minutes into town to see if anything was open. Alternatively we could risk taking a 20 minute taxi to the other side of the island to a possibly open market. As we did not know if we could get back we just got back on the bus and stayed on the ship. Overall very disappointing.

Let down by food and shuttle buses

Queen Elizabeth Cruise Review by Sonya Saunders

• Sail Date: October 2019
  • Destination: Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

Sonya Saunders’s Full Rating Summary
Get Cunard Queen Elizabeth price drops

Balcony
Cabin BA
Excellent. Very accessible. Comfortable but would be helpful if there were higher chairs. I was a single person in an accessible cabin and getting up from chairs and the bed were difficult. You could offer a rail to help disabled people get in and out of bed. Some more hand rails would be helpful at the entrance to the bathroom.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins