• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise
  • Deals
  • Excursions

Queen Elizabeth Review

Editor Rating
23 Awards

Let down by food and shuttle buses

Review for Queen Elizabeth to the Mediterranean
Sonya Saunders
2-5 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Oct 2019
Cabin: Balcony

The ship was beautiful, very sturdy and we'll maintained. The staff in general were excellent, the service good, but the food was a real let down. It was either bland or too salty and overcooked. The Britannia restaurant was poor so was the buffet on the Lido deck. So disappointing. Of the three cruise lines I have travelled on this was the poorest. My accessible cabin was wonderful, everything I asked for was there. The three companions I was with were happy with the service and the cruise generally. I

I did not book any excursions as I travelled with a mobility scooter. The first shuttle bus was acceptable and helpful but at Lanzarote my companions and I boarded the bus and were dumped at the end of the new port. (Why go to a place closed on Sunday?) There were no shops or cafes available, and we were told we had to walk 20 minutes into town to see if anything was open. Alternatively we could risk taking a 20 minute taxi to the other side of the island to a possibly open market. As we did not know if we could get back we just got back on the bus and stayed on the ship. Overall very disappointing.

Balcony

Excellent. Very accessible. Comfortable but would be helpful if there were higher chairs. I was a single person in an accessible cabin and getting up from chairs and the bed were difficult. You could offer a rail to help disabled people get in and out of bed. Some more hand rails would be helpful at the entrance to the bathroom.

Port Reviews

Lanzarote

Shops closed new port area. Dumped at end of port with nowhere to go. Why not take people to the heart of town. Saw nothing.

La Coruna

Was able to get off on scooter and wander around the town.

5 Helpful Votes