3. Queen Elizabeth
We booked this cruise 18 months ago as it was an excellent price and it was booked as our first ever cruise (we actually managed to fit in two before we went in the end) The ship was beautiful. Lots of wood and Art Deco style, very classic as you would expect. Our stateroom was nice but no nicer than what we had experienced with Princess or P&O earlier this year. The food was nice but I had expected Cunard to be a cut above the rest. It wasn’t any better than P&O. The service wasn’t any better although the food was as nice. The waitress asked if anyone wanted wine with their dinner and if we said no, we weren’t asked if there was anything else we wanted. 10 minutes later I had to ask for a gin and tonic and it seemed like it wasn’t normal to have anything else but wine or water with dinner. Drinks and other items on board are priced in dollars. We were extremely shocked at the price of the drinks on board. A glass of Shiraz at dinner was $17! You have to be very careful when ordering drinks as most of the time you aren’t asked if you want single or double spirits. 4 gin and tonics cost $62! We had to be out of our stateroom by 0800 on disembarkation morning. This isn’t out of the ordinary but the main restaurant closed at 0800. Thinking we would have time to have a nice breakfast before our disembarkation time of 0915, we arrived at the buffet restaurant extremely shocked to see that we couldn’t find anywhere to sit. Upon finding some seats outside by the pool area, we returned to the buffet only to find that the queue was out the door. People walking round the buffet with extremely large suitcases didn’t help either. We ended up leaving the ship and stopping for breakfast on the way back home. This did leave a somewhat sour taste as we had had, a lovely weekend away The evening entertainment in the theatre was excellent. The 4 Tunes on the Friday were exceptional. The Top Hat production on the Saturday wasn’t really my cup of tea, however I understand that it was of excellent quality We went to the golden lion pub for the trivia which we enjoyed but unfortunately there was a large group of people very drunk and about to fight . There seemed to be lots of groups and I’m not sure if you would get this on a standard 7 night Cunard Voyage? I would only go back on a Cunard voyage if it was an excellent deal. The drinks were unbelievably expensive and it would make things very unaffordable.

A little disappointed

Queen Elizabeth Cruise Review by Pinksian1981

Pinksian1981’s Full Rating Summary
Get Cunard Queen Elizabeth price drops

Balcony
Cabin BE
The cabin was classically decorated and very nice. Large tv on the wall.
The balcony was a nice size but we didn’t get to use it
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Brugge (Bruges)
    We made our own way to Bruges by using the shuttle bus from the ship to the local train station (about 15 minutes journey)
    The train was an excellent price of 5 euros per person return and took about 10 minutes.
    The main problem was that the train was only once an hour (54 minutes past if I remember) and the same for the way back at 52 minutes past. So if you are going to do this just make sure you go early enough.
    The centre of Bruges is about 10 minutes walk or so from the railway station. Lovely city well worth a look around.
    View All 375 Brugge (Bruges) Cruise Port Reviews