3. Disney Fantasy
We chose this cruise because our 3 year old grand-daughter is obsessed with Disney. Our Grand-daughter enjoyed this cruise and overall I thought it was a good solid cruise experience. However, I did not feel it was a good value for the money and overall it was just ok. For what I paid for this cruise, it should have been extraordinary and it just wasn't. We were on the eight day Halloween on the High Seas cruise. I'll try to lay out each aspect and describe what I thought was good and bad. We are frequent cruisers, primarily on RCCL, but have cruise most of the other lines as well. CABIN - It was a Family Ocean View with balcony on deck five so it had the oversized balcony. Cabin seemed small to me but it was fine with three people. Four would have been really tight. It was clean and our cabin steward was very nice, towel animals and chocolates every night. FOOD: The food, as many have noted, was just ok. Overall it was average cruise food. I have had worse, but I have had much, much better. My favorite dining room was Animators Palette, mostly because it was interactive and kept my grand-daughters attention during dinner. If you get to see them make your art come to life, that was a real treat. Our dining room team, Allan from India and Alia from Spain were wonderful, hardworking folks, who were very kind and generous with their time in entertaining my grand-daughter. The Buffet in the cabanas was fine, but again, not as good as some, better than others. ENTERTAINMENT: Disney scores high marks here for their Broadway caliber shows. We were fortunate to see Aladdin, Believe AND Frozen on this cruise. All three of these shows were hands down some of the best I've seen on a cruise ship. They had a comic/ventriloquist who was good and a hypnotist (Ricky Kalmon I believe) who I would not see again. KIDS ACTIVITIES: Our grand-daughter went to the nursery. The staff there was lovely and took excellent care of her. She really liked it there and looked forward to it every night we took her. There is lots for kids to do on the ship. Many Character meet and greets, many activities, Midship detective agency, princesses everywhere, character breakfasts, etc. Kids will never be bored. We didn't use the kids club except for the nursery. We went to a couple of open houses and the staff was friendly, but we did not get the total experience since our grand-daughter is not completely potty trained and couldn't go there on her own. ADULTS: We did not enjoy the adult spaces on this ship and thought this is a big negative for Disney. The adult spaces felt cramped and a little creepy to me. There were not a lot of activities geared for adults, other than trivia. There is far more to do on any one of the RCCL ships for adults. We ended up going to bed early most nights. You might say well this is a Disney cruise it's not meant for adults... let me tell you, there were more adults than children on this cruise and there was not enough for them to do. BINGO: If you are a bingo lover, Disney has the best bingo I've played on a cruise ship to date. It was fun, there are several games, the prices are less than other lines and the payouts are good. It was just a really fun time. ROYAL COURT TEA AND BBB - We took our Grand-Daughter for a princess makeover and it was worth every penny. Staff was wonderful and she just loved it. Went to the Royal Court Tea and that was also very fun, but I would suggest to Disney that the $220 price tag should include one adult along with the child. I paid $60.00 to drink a cup of tea and eat a scone. It was a nice show and my grand-daughter got beautiful gifts. I did think it was a little price at $280.00 though. PORTS: We did not do any excursions since our grand-daughter didn't meet the age requirement of most excursions. We got off the boat in St. Kitts and Castaway Key. Castaway Key was nice, but I like RCCL's private islands much better. EMBARKATION/DEBARKATION - Embarkation was not great. Debarkation was smooth and quick. OVERALL - This was a good cruise, we had a great time. The staff was WONDERFUL. Everyone was wonderful with children. We paid as much for this cruise to be in a family balcony stateroom as we did for a two bedroom suite on RCCL. It was simply just not worth it for the value. We are glad we did it one time, but we very likely won't be sailing Disney again.

Great Customer Service, Great for Little Ones, but Overall Just...OK

Ages 3 to 6
Get Disney Fantasy price drops

Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah
Cabin 04B
Cabin was small compared to what we are used to on other ships. Clean and cabin steward was good. Our balcony door handle fell off as did our cabin door handle. Both were fixed very quickly.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins