3. Disney Fantasy
We chose the Disney Fantasy due to the fun we had on the ship in 2018 and the fact that it was an 8 night cruise. First I want to highlight the good. 1. Check in was easy and very efficient and orderly. We had rain in the area when we checked in and Disney really got people thru the lines at security very efficiently. 2. The staff was excellent. Our room host was amazing, as was our dining team. 3. The shows were very good. I thought we would be seeing the same shows, but they seemed to tweak them a little bit, to make them fresh. Excellent performers. 4. The characters, as always, were very accessible. They would stay around a little longer than the scheduled time to meet all of the guests that were in line. 5. Our stateroom was very clean. 6. The singers in the atrium were entertaining. 7. My kids loved the activities in the Oceaneers lab (ages 5 and 10). They spent a total of 6-7 hours there and wished they had spent more. 8. Cabanas restaurant is very good for a buffet. 9. Trick or treating on ship was fun for all involved The "not to Disney Standard" (I won't use bad) 1. The Fantasy seems to need some TLC. I know it is hard to maintain a boat when it is only in port for less than 12 hours, but it seems to be showing more wear and tear since last year. I noticed last year they were always painting and cleaning areas. This year, parts of the boat were showing rust (I had the same stateroom last year and used it as a good judge). Last year I would say the Fantasy was a 9 out of 10 and now I say it is a 7.5 2. The prices seem to be creeping up on a lot of things from drinks to bingo. 3. I witnessed two different altercations on board with passengers in the theater. All over seating. The staff tried to diffuse the situations, but it was not handled real well. Not sure if there is a good way to fix it, as everyone is fighting for the same seats. I have sat all over the theater and the only seats that are just ok are the ones on stage left lower. 4. The food on the dining rotation was OK. Was better in 2018 5. The fast service at the V8 cafe was fair for food quality. 6. Previously, we were able to use our DVC discount on any gift shop purchases. Now, we had to spend over $50 to use it. Felt a little cheap on Disney to take that away. 7. We did the Halloween on the High Seas cruise. I guess I was expecting more than a 10 minute story and the pumpkin tree coming to life. But that part of the sailing was disappointing (the trick or treat part was fun for the kids). 8. Goofy's sports simulators are worn out. I thought it was just a golf simulator, but it has a variety of games to play. I took my daughter with me and we tried to play golf, but when you hit the ball, it only goes about 100 yards with a driver. Very frustrating on that so we quit and switched to other games. But the screens had dead spots on them and you had to throw in different areas to make it work. A total waste of money. Just a tip, you can take the whole family in with you to do these if you so choose. When you make the RSVP it doesn't really say much about it. Ports of Call St. Kitts We did the beach excursion. It was a short ride from port and got to see some pretty parts of the island. The beach was nice, the staff at the beach was nice and the food and drink were very good. Antigua We did the Stingray adventure. The girls had fun and I would do this again. San Juan This didn't have a lot to do for families, so we did not book any activities. We walked to the old fort (about a half mile from the ship) and took the tour. It was a fun learning experience for all all ages. The only negative is the people trying to sell you stuff as you get off the ship. Cataway Cay As always, this is the best and worst part of the trip. The island is awesome with tons to do. It's the worst because it means vacation is over the next day. But, the snorkeling is fun, the slides are a blast, I did the 5k and it was fun to walk around the island, and overall, it is a great stopover. Overall a very good cruise. But it seems Disney is slipping a touch in quality.

Relaxing vacation

Disney Fantasy Cruise Review by DunkinDonuts

• Sail Date: October 2019
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah

First I want to highlight the good.

2. The staff was excellent. Our room host was amazing, as was our dining team.

5. Our stateroom was very clean.

6. The singers in the atrium were entertaining.

8. Cabanas restaurant is very good for a buffet.

9. Trick or treating on ship was fun for all involved

The "not to Disney Standard" (I won't use bad)

2. The prices seem to be creeping up on a lot of things from drinks to bingo.

4. The food on the dining rotation was OK. Was better in 2018

5. The fast service at the V8 cafe was fair for food quality.

Ports of Call

St. Kitts

Antigua

We did the Stingray adventure. The girls had fun and I would do this again.

San Juan

Cataway Cay

Overall a very good cruise. But it seems Disney is slipping a touch in quality.
DunkinDonuts’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 3 to 6
Ages 10 to 12
Get Disney Fantasy price drops

Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah
Cabin 04C
Very comfortable cabin for 4 people.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins