3. Scenic Diamond
We toured with Avalon last year on the Danube and had a wonderful experience. So we decided to go with Scenic expecting an even higher level of service. The Scenic Diamond is a relatively new ship with all amenities. The service on board was above and beyond at every level. Sadly, the two most important parts of the on-board experience came up short. The food and wines were nowhere near the level of Avalon at any time. We tried to find wines to suit to no avail and the decent meals we had were off menu items. The entertainment was 50-60 year old music mostly for the 80 year olds on board. Many of the bus tours were delayed by hours due to poor scheduling resulting in more busing than cruising. Due to the confinement in buses my wife and I both ended up getting a virus which lasted two weeks after the voyage. I guess 3 stars may be be too high.

More style than substance

Scenic Diamond Cruise Review by dpender

dpender’s Full Rating Summary
Get Scenic Diamond price drops

Cabin service was excellent.