3. Celebrity Infinity
My adult daughter and I booked almost 2 years before the sailing date because of the itinerary. It is not easy to find a ship that makes these ports of call in one sailing. I like Celebrity. It was easy to get around the ship as well as embarking and disembarking. Everything went so smoothly and quickly. We choose an inside cabin on a lower deck because we like walking the stairs for exercise, and I have found the lower decks more stable if seas are rough. We never had to worry about the elevators, there were 4 midship and others aft and forward. The gym looks pretty good, we didn't use it but looked good. We chose to eat in the buffet for all meals except for one night in the main dining room. Looking back, that would have been a nice choice for a couple of other nights. We like the buffet because we can choose, find a table (there were lots and never busy), eat and go on our own schedule. The one thing I was not a fan of was the way the buffet is set up, in a large oval (I am sure it is very beneficial for the hardworking crew) meaning we had to walk all the way around to different stations to see what was for meals and then the food was not always still warm by the time we got to our table. I enjoyed the Grill station at the back where the chef cooked the meat or fish I was able to choose, good selection also. There were staples during all meal periods and each day there were stations that changed (Chef's speciality areas). We met 2 friendly crew members in the Ocean View Cafe, Corinna at the ice cream station and Natalia from the Ukraine who cleaned tables. Some crew members, senior crew members in the area and officers who ate here, did not appear approachable or even seemed like they enjoyed their job, didn't see any smiles. The crew at guest relations were great and very helpful. We did our own thing in all the ports and never booked a shore excursion with the ship. We had one shore excursion booked with Guided Israel Tours, which was fabulous and took care of all our Israel desires for 3 days. The process for examination to allow us to disembark in Israel was fast and efficient. Our cabin was great! We are simple people and just needed a place to sleep, shower, and prepare for the day. We had lots of room for our belongings. It was always spotless. We went to one show performed by the Infinity cast that was very enjoyable. I went to another one that I enjoyed. We were not really interested in anything at the theatre but did like the outdoor movies and the comfy seat, especially the beds. I used the outdoor pool a couple of times. The solarium was really nice. I did not use the pool there. There was music and dance lessons as well as some games to play on the pool deck. The grill with hot dogs/hamburgers on this deck was a good place to grab food. The ship was apparently totally booked but we never felt crowded, except in the outdoor pool while at sea. I probably won't go on Infinity again because of the places I have traveled and still wish to visit. I would eat dinner in the dining room at night though if I could get an early seating. We were able to walk up to the reception area for the main dining room at 5:15 and were seated right away. The dining room crew were pleasant.

Fabulous Ports of Call!

Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by barrieilovetotravel

barrieilovetotravel’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Infinity price drops

Inside Stateroom 11
Cabin 11 2116
Anthony was our stateroom attendant who kept things sparking clean. We had the beds apart and found lots of room to move around, not that we spent much time in our cabin. There was plenty of room for our belongings in drawers and cupboards. There is an in-room safe, an umbrella and bathrobes along with plenty of toiletries during our cruise. There was a pull out sofa that we did not use. We did put some snacks in the bar fridge. Great place to shower, sleep and prepare for the day!
Deck 2 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins

• Athens (Piraeus)
    We stayed in Athens overnight and did our own tour of the Acropolis and the Archaelogical site of the temple of Olympus. Both were free on the day we disembarked which was a bonus. We arranged our accommodations through Expedia. We went to a local restaurant, outside of the tourist area for a delicious dinner. We love being able to see the local residents in their country. We arranged our transportation from the cruise port to the apartment and from the apartment to the airport through the place we stayed rather than through Celebrity.
    View All 1,261 Athens (Piraeus) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Athens (Piraeus) Cruise Port Review
  • Catania
    We walked around on our own as we had already decided where and what we were going to do. It is easy to get off the ship and walk around. We do not like large group tours.
    View All 53 Catania Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Catania Cruise Port Review
  • Masada Walking Tour
    It was hot!! The place was packed with tourists but our guide kept us together and because we were a smaller group, it was easier to get on and off the cable car, though we did have to wait.this was part of day 2 from Ashdod not Haifa on day 3.
    View All 10 Masada Walking Tour Reviews
  • Nazareth and Galilee
    So beautiful and with a knowledgeable guide, small group and opportunity to wander a bit we had a great time. We stopped for lunch and me and my daughter decided we were not very hungry and went into a grocery store in Magdala. It was a great experience and we talked with our guide about our finds.It was great to see how people shop and what it would be like to be a local!
    View All 21 Nazareth and Galilee Reviews
  • Sea of Galilee
    This was day 3 with our guide. He was very knowledgeable and we had free time to enjoy the sites of Capernaum, the Jordan River and Mount of Beatitudes.
    View All 6 Sea of Galilee Reviews
  • The Dead Sea
    This was day 2 of our time with the guide we had for our small group of 15 people, all from the ship.We had time to slip and float in the Dead Sea and still time to shower.We actually did this one from Ashdod.
    View All 9 The Dead Sea Reviews
  • Garden of Gethsemane
    We booked all 3 days with this tour operator. It was a fabulous experience with only 15 people in our tour group for all 3 days, and the same guide. Pick up was right inside the port.Jerusalem and Bethlehem were the focus of day 1.
    View All 4 Garden of Gethsemane Reviews
  • Malta (Valletta)
    Loved visiting this port of call. We walked up the hill from the ship and toured the city, while geocaching. We went to a great spot behind the fort, found a swing and walked by the sea then headed back up the hill again. We saw a man pushing a musical cart; that was fascinating to watch. We put in a good day walking the streets and mingling with citizens. We had great gelato!
    View All 618 Malta (Valletta) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Malta (Valletta) Cruise Port Review
  • Pompeii Walking Tour
    We did our own tour because we had our own plans for what we wanted to do. We enjoyed not being part of large tour groups but we did listened to some of the guides and made sure we got the map of Pompeii when we paid our admission. We were also geocaching, lots in Pompeii.
    View All 467 Pompeii Walking Tour Reviews
  • Private Tour
    We arranged a private shuttle to Pompeii. We were picked up promptly at the port and returned in plenty of time to relax after spending a half day exploring Pompeii.
    View All 88 Private Tour Reviews
  • Rhodes
    We had so much fun geocaching here and walking out to the pier where locals have their boats, then spent the rest of our time in the old city. Going into the Grand Masters Palace is a must. The museum is okay but it is so interesting people watching locals and tourists. This port is so easy to walk around.
    View All 482 Rhodes Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Rhodes Cruise Port Review
  • Rome (Civitavecchia)
    We flew into Rome with flights arranged by Celebrity and then transferred to Civitavecchia for the cruise. We had time to go geocaching in both Rome and Civitavecchia prior to beginning the cruise.
    View All 2,201 Rome (Civitavecchia) Cruise Port Reviews