3. Norwegian Pearl
This was our first cruise in Europe as we are from Australia. The organisation getting on the ship at Rome was very well organised and very quick compared to other cruises we have been on. The rooms were very nice, well fitted and clean, also among the best we have experienced. We did not like the dining experience on deck twelve as it was like pigs feeding at the trough. Other restaurants were very nicely laid out and for the most part the service was quite good. We had the alcohol package which we found to be quite good value as compared with other cruises we have taken, but were annoyed that with the package we still had to pay for coffee other than the vile stuff that was served with meals. And also had to pay for bottled water. I am a person who likes to take a sauna on a cruise so imagine my surprise when told that I could BUY a sauna package for $260 US to have a sauna. (NOT GOOD). The entertainment was well below par, for the most point I think it was carried out by the ships crew and some very mediocre performers, so if your think you will have a huge range of entertainment think again. The ports of call were quite interesting and if you want to organise your own tours I would recommend it rather than pay the extortionist prices charged by the cruise line. The fee to travel to Rome Airport you should also try to organise yourself as the ship line first charged us 80 Euro each, then later in the cruise put out a SPECIAL of $60 US. The same trip can be got for about $35- $40 per head (More Gouging). Yes overall we had a good time but this was mainly from meeting nice people and having a good time with little help from the cruise ship. Would I go again, I would say probably not.

Cruising is slipping in value for money.

Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review by Michael Woods

• Sail Date: September 2019
  • Destination: Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Balcony
This was our first cruise in Europe as we are from Australia.

Would I go again, I would say probably not.
Michael Woods’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Pearl price drops

Balcony
Cabin BC 9508
As mentioned the cabin was of a good standard and very clean.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins