3. Allure of the Seas
My boyfriend and I cruised for a week in the Eastern Caribbean on Allure of the Seas. He was a first-time cruiser, while I've cruised with Royal Caribbean once, many years ago. I knew that RC would be perfect for us as we prefer luxury vacations with an array of activities that still provide the opportunity to relax. The ship is large and well-appointed. We were shocked to learn that it is nine years old! For the most part, it looked brand new! There was normal wear & tear in our stateroom but it was nothing to be upset about. The layout of the ship handles the number of passengers & crew EXTREMELY well. It never once felt like there were over six thousand people on board. The Windjammer did get crowded at peak times but that is to be expected. We spent the majority of our sea days in the Solarium, which is a beautiful adults-only pool area. I wished the pool was just a little bit bigger, but again, it was nothing to be upset about. It has two hot tubs and a bar as well, so you don't need to go far for drinks! For breakfast and lunch, we ate at the Windjammer which was very good. For dinner, we ate exclusively in the main dining room which was absolutely amazing! There are so many speciality dining options as well that I wish we could have explored. Customer service was truly next-level! Our stateroom attendant was so friendly and helpful. The waiters and bartenders were unparalleled. Every crew member always had a smile and was dedicated to making our vacation special. I've never experienced such excellent service! The excursions were great, although a little expensive. We still enjoyed them very much-- Our advice is to always consider the length of the excursions. Our beach excursion in St. Kitt's was 2.5 hours which seemed long enough when we booked it but ended up feeling a bit too short. There was a wide array of activities and entertainment onboard. We only made it to one adult comedy show which we enjoyed! TIP: download the RC app to help you plan your days & reserve shows! Our mistake was underestimating how quickly shows booked. In the morning, we would look at the nightly entertainment and choose what we wanted to do, but most of the time, they were already sold out. I would recommend planning the night before what you want to do the following night. I could write a book about our experience but here's the bottom line: we both agreed it was the best vacation we've ever been on & both want to cruise with RC again, no question! We HIGHLY recommend Allure of the Seas!

Absolute PERFECTION!

Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by anv15

• Sail Date: September 2019
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View Balcony

anv15’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas price drops

• Walking Tour of Old San Juan
    We toured Castillo San Felipe del Morro & Castillo San Cristobal and loved it! Our guide was very knowledgable and we learned so much about Puerto Rico & the history of San Juan.
    View All 148 Walking Tour of Old San Juan Reviews
  • Beach
    We enjoyed Carambola beach although there was some construction happening on the beach. It was still beautiful! The only downside was it was a bit too short.