3. Norwegian Epic
This is a very hard review to write because this trip had so many aspects. I’ll try to break them down for you. First I’ll let you know we are a family of three, my wife, seven year old daughter, and myself. We got on and off in Rome as apposed to Barcelona. I was told that much less then half the ship embark in Rome. We carried our one large suitcase and three carryons onto the ship so we didn’t have to wait on our stuff. Also got on around 2pm and everything was ready. On to the ship, other then a few rust spots (very small) on the balcony, a few paint over spots, and a small deck area being worked on, the ship was very good condition. It’s not a brand new ship but no complaints. The food was hit or miss. All breakfasts were in the buffet and and it’s a little better than basic. Specially restaurants were okay. A few great plates followed by an ok one. I understand we are on a ship and not every meal is going to please everyone. One stand out was the hibachi! Awesome! The pool and deck. Crowded! Especially on the one “at sea” day. On this day we made the mistake and slept in. By the time we got to the deck, 11 ish, every deck chair was taken and no one was giving them up. My wife went to a single chair in the back of the ship and I waited up front. I got extremely lucky and grabbed two chairs. Was a handful of people doing the same, fortunately for me I was closest to the chairs. If you choose this trip designate someone to get to the deck before 9, grab your chairs, put towels and a shoe or hat on them. This might be a common practice for regulars but in was not prepared. Kids area. My seven year old daughter loved the kids area. She would go everyday after dinner till we picked her up at 10:30. They start charging after 10:30 pm. No matter how tired she was from the day she had energy to go to the kids area. This was gold for me and the wife! We got at least an hour and a half to two hours alone to enjoy time together. Bars and nightlife. We got the all inclusive alcohol package. This worked well for us. We are not big drinkers it it’s nice to know that everything is paid for. We spent most of our evenings at the whiskey bar. I drank beer or wine, wife drank wine. We lived this area because ever night they had live music. Perfect level of energy. Not sleepy but not to crazy. Want crazy, head up to the deck. Always a evening party up there but we never went so no review on it. We also spent time at the casino. This was also a blast except when the big ballers came along and would take over the tables. This didn’t happen often so I wouldn’t take points away from it. Now on the the most important part, excursions and port visits. We did a tour in every port except where we got on, Rome, and Canes. I’m a huge traveler and this and I love to experience other cultures and really get in-depth. You won’t get that on a cruise. We found this is great to walk around, take a few pictures, buy some magnets and souvenirs, get going on to the next one. The time you spend in port is not Long enough. -First port was Florence & Pisa. We did the “on your own tour”. Glad we did. Basically it was a informative bus ride to Pisa for pictures then a two hour ride to Florence, then back to the ship. This worked well for us but because of time restraints we couldn’t see David or climb the leaning tower. -Canes, no tour. We didn’t need one because the ship pulled right in downtown. Got off and saw most of the city on foot. Beautiful. -Majorca, Palma and Villdemosa tour. This tour was just okay. We first took a ride up the Castle, wast of time. Just good for a few pictures overlooking the city. Not worth the time it took to get there. Then Villdemose, AMAZING! Love this little town! Made this tour worthwhile. After lunch in this town we were brought back to Palma and took a few pictures at a beach but didn’t see any of the city. -Barcelona, biggest disappointment because I love this city. We took the “best of Barcelona” tour. Started with a short bus ride around the city then a walking tour of the old city. The guide was informative but spent a lot of time on local politics. After downtown is when the tour lost me. We took a 20 minute ride to a tourist trap. An old replica of a Spanish village. WHAT THE HECK!!! We are in real Spain, why are we here for over an hour? This is appropriate for a school field trip. After waisting a chunk of the day there we went to La Sangrada Famila. Beautiful. Loved this part until again the tour ruined it. We did the walk through of the church then were told to get food and meet up in an hour. Why eat here? I asked the tour guide if we would make it to la Rambla and was told we did t have time? Best of Barcelona and we had over an hour for some fake Epcot Spain exhibit but no time for La Rambla? Unbelievable! Whole day with this tour and don’t get 15 minutes to sit, drink a sangria, and people watch! This was a huge fail! Do yourself a favor, do the hop on hop off tour! Save a ton of money! -last was Naples, best tour of the trip. We did the Amalfi coast and Pompei. Amazing! Do this tour!!!! Only advice I can say, take motion sickness medication before you guy. Bus ride was crazy but that’s part of the fun, and sit on the right side of the bus. Long review but like I said this vacation had a lot of elements.

World traveler first time cruiser

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by MikeFromLINY

Long review but like I said this vacation had a lot of elements.
MikeFromLINY’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 7 to 9
Get Norwegian Epic price drops

Mid-Ship Balcony
Cabin BB 9178
Tiny. Unpack, if you try to live out of your bag for the week you will regret it.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins