3. Koningsdam
We were handed beepers our first three dinners because the dining room was too full and had to wait for 45 minutes...it felt like we were at a Chili's or something... Not a good first impression The food is pretentious and portions are very small. The Lido deck is not a buffet and you are forced to ask someone to plate your food for you. This causes lines and long waits for something as simple as a Caesar salad. FIRE!! There was also a fire on our cruise that was announced over the ships intercoms. My wife was in tears after that and left a very poor taste in our mouths. Beware Vegetarians!! Usually there was only one vegetarian option. We asked to have meals just without the meat multiple times are we're told no... If you love beets and mushrooms, this is your ship though. Cilantro is on everything... Lots of people hate this stuff...beware. Portion sizes are TINY compared to a cruise lines like Princess. Where I received a full beef wellington on princess, I only received a slice on HAL. Also, it was cooked medium and the breading was a soggy mess when I got it... The entertainment is awful. They have one good band (BB King band) and the rest is shockingly bad. There was an hour long presentation on the "art of towel folding".... If thats not bad enough, Microsoft also has daily seminars on how to use Windows 10...I'm not joking, this is the entertainment on your cruise. The staff is really the only shining light on this ship. All of them were incredibly friendly, but there are just so many drawbacks about this ship. We will never come back and definitely would not recommend sailing with them unless you get a massive deal.

First and Last HAL Cruise. Awful!

Koningsdam Cruise Review by Stewayb

• Sail Date: August 2019
  • Destination: Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Large or Standard Interior Stateroom

The food is pretentious and portions are very small.

FIRE!!

Beware Vegetarians!!

Cilantro is on everything... Lots of people hate this stuff...beware.

Stewayb’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Koningsdam price drops

Large or Standard Interior Stateroom
Cabin I 5178
Bed was comfortable but room is tiny. Barely sleeps two people.
Navigation Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins