Carnival Imagination Cruise Review

Fun cruise but some concerning issues

Carnival Imagination Cruise Review by HJMeyer

• Sail Date: Jul 2019
  • Destination: the Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View

We chose this cruise (4 day to Catalina & Ensenada) because we wanted an affordable, fairly short cruise. We had a great time and loved our cabin. The crew was amazing. They were always professional and friendly. We loved our cabin steward Arnold who even fixed a squeaky door for us. Our waiters, John and Samdani were the best! The comedians and musical shows were top notch. We loved the Buffet - always good food and good service. Food in the dining room - not so good. The Caesar salad dressing had no flavor at all and the fish was terrible. From other cruises, the dining room is usually the best, so I was disappointed in the quality this time. My biggest concern was the on board bathrooms. They were consistently dirty. Not one was being cleaned on a frequent enough basis. I even saw toilet paper on the carpets outside the bathrooms. Service on some of the decks by the buffet wasn't so great. We were on the back deck and observed every table had dirty dishes/food/glasses on them and it took about 20 minutes for someone to clear them up. Then it took another 20 minutes for the same guy to come back to clean them, but he did a lousy job. He didn't use any type of spray/cleaner and on a few tables, only cleaned half the table. The other big concern - the elevators. My daughter got stuck in one and had to pry the doors open to get out. They were constantly broken. There were lots of Trivia & other games, but the prizes are tempting enough to make me want to participate. Maybe offer the winners a free drink or something, not just a plastic ship on a stick. They really need to offer more activities for the 18-20 year old crowd. I don't know if I will cruise with Carnival again.

HJMeyer's Full Rating Summary

Ocean View
Cabin 6B R144

The cabin was spacious and comfortable - except for a large HARD lump in the mattress. We complained but nothing was done. Bathroom was roomy. Lots of closet space, plenty of hangers. Hair dryer is in every room. I was told that only Suites and Balcony rooms have hair dryers. Even the website is incorrect on this. Also I was told there were 2 outlets on the desk, there is only 1.

HJMeyer