3. Carnival Spirit
The Ship: As a first time cruiser I did not know what to expect, so I was excited when I first saw the ship as was my son (aged 6). Was glad that we were able to check in our luggage early but the wait to embark seemed to take forever, although very organised. Once on board the ship we were directed to have lunch. My son and I just wanted to see where our room was and was not completely happy about being told to come back later in the afternoon (I guess the room stewards didn't want you to watch them clean). so as a first timer on a cruise they were handing out cocktail which I assumed was a complimentary welcome aboard drink but realised after that you paid for it (no big deal because I'm on holiday). The boat had a very nice ambiance to it. The restaurants: Food was amazing and I thoroughly enjoyed every meal all but one which was a pizza that was still frozen. I complained and asked for a new pizza which they freshly made, so I can't really complain. The entertainment: From what I did get to see and do was fun but unfortunately I couldn't see any of the adult things that I wanted to. My child went to kids club once and hated it because he couldn't even get a drink of water or have any food so we just hung around the pools which both were constantly full of people and I had even seen some kids vomiting in the pool, pretty disgusting, we didn't swim at all but did play in the kids water park. The Medical Team: Amazing comes to mind. The doctor on board was very attentive and looked after my son who was very, very sick. My son recovered after 2 days on board as apposed to being evacuated which would have been the next step if my son's temperature didn't drop. Onshore excursions: All great. Lifou markets small but swimming was nice, didn't stay long as my son was not well. Isle of Pines: Enjoyed the tour around the island and learning about the history, very pretty. Amedee Island: This was by far the best excursion, so glad that I chose this instead of staying on the mainland of Noumea, entertainment at lunch was good as well as the marine life I saw while snorkelling. If you're afraid of snakes then I don't recommend this because this island is covered with sea snakes that are harmless when on land and are fairly placid - just leave them alone and they will leave you alone. Service: Service was great. Staff were very helpful and always smiling nothing was a bother. Shopping: Shopping was OK. Jewellery was very cheap and nice - I highly recommend this. I bought a heap of bracelets and bangles for less than $200. There was a competition on where you had to guess the size of the carot diamond in a ring and those who got closest won (I assumed it was the ring......wrong it was for some other prize like body lotion or something like that). Timezone costs money but guaranteed winner on the skill testers (we went home with around 50 little rubber ducks and a couple of minecraft stuffed toys. Overall: I would definitely cruise again on this ship

A very relaxing holiday

Onshore excursions:

All great.

Service:

Shopping:

Overall:

I would definitely cruise again on this ship
TLM77’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 3 to 6
Get Carnival Spirit price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8D
Room was quite roomy and loved the natural light and décor. Bed was extremely comfortable
Verandah Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins