3. Anthem of the Seas
This was our first cruise with Royal Caribbean. We previously switched from another cruise line because of recommendations from friends plus we wanted to try it for ourselves. When we arrived to Bayonne, NJ, the entire process to get on the cruise was effortless. Where it took us over an hour the last cruise we went on, it took us roughly 15 minutes with Royal. Our cabin was great. We had the pleasure of getting a balcony this time. The interior is good for first-time cruisers or if you're on a budget. We actually utilized the balcony quite a bit, either during our sea days or when we arrived/departed our ports. Views were spectacular. It was spacious enough to fit all our belongings and had plenty of drawer space for both of our clothes. Food was good. We went to the Windjammer Cafe during breakfast/lunch and did the "My Time" dining at dinnertime. There were plenty of options to choose from outside these two options. Wife and I ate at Jamie Oliver's Italian restaurant for our 3-year anniversary and the service was above and beyond. There was a sushi and steak restaurant I didn't get a chance to try but will keep it in mind for our next cruise. What impressed me was the cleanliness of the entire cruise ship. Prior to eating at the Windjammer Cafe, we were always instructed to wash our hands before serving ourselves. We were always greeted with "Washy Washy" which still stuck to me even after the cruise. Every time I went to the public restroom there was always someone in there either inspecting the restroom or cleaning it. As someone who is slightly germaphobic, I felt at ease the entire cruise. The service between housekeeping and the waiters/waitresses was fantastic. During the cruise our waitor Fuchao (I think that's how you spell it) knew us on a first name basis and catered to our every need. I really hope we run into him again on our next cruise. Our housekeeping could've used a little work but still did a great job. Our ports were the highlights of the entire cruise. Our favorite was probably San Juan, Puerto Rico where we did a Food and Culture tour. The tour guide gave us a taste of Puerto Rican cuisine and gave us a thorough history of San Jaun as well. Our second favorite was Labadee, Haiti. Apparently, Royal Caribbean owns part of the island which made it a great experience. There was anything from snorkeling excursions, a few beaches, floating bars, zipline excursions, and shopping available. Put plenty of sunscreen on because it gets HOT in Haiti. Only con was the price of everything. Drinks, without a drinks package, cost $10+ per drink which is more than the average drinks price in New York City. Be prepared to spend quite a bit on anything extra not included in your cruise package such as excursions, select restaurants, drinks etc. This was the best cruise we've experienced so far. We were considering giving their sister company, Celebrity Cruise, a shot but will be sticking with Royal going forward. If you're contemplating cruise, I highly recommend Royal Caribbean. You won't regret it.

Fantastic Cruise

Anthem of the Seas Cruise Review by gernold1988

gernold1988’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Anthem of the Seas price drops

• Snorkeling
    Although the water was gorgeous, it was difficult to see anything. Staff on the excursion was friendly and informative. Water was kind of murky.
    View All 97 Snorkeling Reviews
  • Snorkeling
    Water was absolutely gorgeous and crystal clear. The snorkeling crew made it a great experience.
    View All 36 Snorkeling Reviews
  • City Tour
    This was our favorite excursion. The tour guide gave us a very thorough history of San Juan and we got to experience some of the best Puerto Rican cuisine we've ever had.
    View All 229 City Tour Reviews
  • Beach
    We went to the Bucanneer Beach Bar which was ok. Food was good, but you can definitely tell the island hasn't recovered from the storm years ago.