MSC Preziosa Cruise Review

MSC Preziosa Cruise Review by SF941272007

• Sail Date: May 2019
  • Destination: the Baltic Sea
  • Cabin Type: Balcony Stateroom

My husband I were on MSC Preziosa for the 11-night Northern Europe cruise (May 26 - June 6). We picked this cruise because of the itinerary which included Hamburg, cities in Scotland and Iceland. The ship interior was beautiful and the public area was clean. This was our first cruise with MSC. We have cruised over 10 times with Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, Norwegian. We were disappointed by MSC food quality and overall service. It is unlikely I will book another MSC cruise again.

FOOD

Breakfast -- The breakfast selection was pretty much the same everyday. Coffee is too weak everyday. Pastry quality and selection were good. Plenty of fruit

Dinner -- We picked the 1st seating option in the dining room. I would rate the entree quality from poor to just OK. The food presented often did not match the descriptions on the menu. Occasionally, there would be a good entree and/or desserts. I was most surprised by the poor pasta entrees since MSC is an Italian cruise line!

SERVICE

The ship appeared to have the most confusing beverage policy. For example, we had the non-alcoholic beverage package. We could get free bottled water in dinning rooms but not at the buffet or different bars. I could get a free cup of tea but not coffee after dinner. We were charged Euro 3 to 5 each time. Different staff members had different explanations. Many passengers were confused and argued with servers about this.

Our cabin service was below par. It took several days to get face cloths and a missing mug.

The room to room phone message system does not work. We were traveling with another couple and there was no way to leave them a phone message. We called the guest service and was told that the message system on the phone does not work.

ENTERTAINMENT

The in-house group of singers and dancers was quite good. However, it could get repetitive night after night. On the last full day of cruise, it had a piano concerto performance by Maestro Mauro Bertolino in the afternoon. It was great!!!!

TV and COMMUNICATION

The in-house TV offered little useful information except I could review my room charges online. It does not even show the temperature of the port of call. There was only one English speaking station (BBC). I bought the standard Internet package. It was working fine until the last week.

EXCURSIONS

We booked our own private tours. The ships offered many excursion options but appeared to be overpriced

SF941272007's Full Rating Summary

Balcony Stateroom
Cabin B1 10195

We had the Bella level balcony room.

The balcony is small but nice. We were surprised that the cabin does not have a couch and a small table. It did not have any chair except the square ottoman in front of the desk and mirror.

Excellent service and information provided by our tour driver and guide Allan. A private tour in a Mercedes sedan,

View All undefined undefined Reviews
Isafjord

Not much to see. Drove a long way (1-1/2 hour) to see another waterfall.

Kirkwall

Did not join tour. The city is easy to go around on our own. Public transportation is available to the key places.

SF941272007