3. MSC Seaside
MSC- Money Sucking Cruise When my friends invited me on a 8 night 7 day cruise (this being my first time ever going,) I was highly estatic and filled with excitement at the possibilities of seeing sights and enjoying myself on a beautiful ship. First off, some background info is due. I am a military vet and I also have around ten years of experience of clientel, service, sales, and management. From our first step on the boat my party was offered dinning and drinking packages, understandable it being the first day (we all received a basic drinkers package and 3gbs of wifi with our itinerary,) but the sales NEVER STOPPED. When I say never, they were trying to sell us packages on our last day while we were eating dinner! Putting salesmanship behind me, my party was very much looking forward to night swimming and enjoying ourselves when all the kids were in bed. Negative. MSC closes their pools 6pm regardless if the sun is still up. Don't ask me why or how, but if they are lacking night time lifeguards they can sure use those salesmen offering us stupid packages! Which brings me to my next point: if you want to be served at the bar, expect those "free" 14 alcoholic drinks (which are limited basically to gin and coke, mosquitos, and long islands ONLY,) expect them to come in little fake plastic glass cups, be warm and roughly 30 minutes late. Don't like the drink? My friend MSC has your back! Go to another bar and it'll be served completely different and also in a different sized cup. First stop, the wonderful and beautiful streets of Pureto-Rico. We landed roughly around 6:30 and we were due back around 12 am...guess we are drinking again tonight fellas because everything else was closed! The majority of the food? Required reservations ahead of time (if you do find yourselves in the happy lands of heat and music, please order a Mofongo from your boy, thank me later). Our first day at sea in my opinion was a wonderful experience...thats only if you enjoy pools (that close at six mind you!) and sun. The waters were warm and I believe from the ocean since they were salty (I prefer cold water to refresh me when I swim personally,) and we found ourselves multiple times searching for a spot to sit and raise a flag for it was crowded. Beware of the main pool on deck 16! Looks like a giant pool but half of it is ankle deep? What?! When the sun became bothersome I found myself in the wonderful MSC casino..if you are a gambler like me, I hope you enjoy one blackjack table and one table of 3 card poker against dealer...besides that there are slots... enjoy! Oh and no smoking unless you enjoy facing the corner wall!!! Our other stops (St. Thomas, Bahamas, Virgin Isles,) I highly recommend you walk off port and find your own "extersion" we hired a driver for 20 dollars a person and received a 3 hour tour of one of the isles and it was wonderful. In comparison I paid 89 dollars to touch a sting Ray for five minutes then sat on the beach on one of the Bahamas islands...you do the math. Now we get to some juice, put on your reading glasses folks (if you haven't already, sorry for the long review!) because here is where it gets good in the third act. You. Will. Be. Charged. 87 dollars and 50 cents for room service. Even if you don't use them / call them / need them (like my party,) not in the paperwork you say? Say no more! Step on board and welcome to MSC! May I offer you one of our wonderful and expensive food packages while you are enjoying your dinner with your family? Please note, all of the above was told to 3 staff members and one manager who ended our conversation with "If you have any problems call customer service" and literally ran away to hide from me without wishing me a good day or sorry for my troubles (I spoke sival, lucid, and clear where the manager clearly didn't speak English.... properly.) Money Sucking Cruise gets one fat star for the beauty, the music at the nightlife (after 11pm the Disco room behind the arcade that is NEVER used is the place to be (25 dollars for 30 minutes of bowling what?!)) and they also get one star for a wonderful server and waitress who provided 5 star performance at dinner (buffett only had hot dogs and burgers from 11-5pm what?!) before their manager told them to stop socializing with us (which we resented him for) So please don't choose MSC...please don't...

First Impressions = Last Impressions

MSC Seaside Cruise Review by edwinfirefox

• Sail Date: May 2019
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Bella Inside Stateroom
MSC- Money Sucking Cruise

So please don't choose MSC...please don't...
edwinfirefox’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Seaside price drops

Bella Inside Stateroom
Cabin I1 14088
Small but efficient for a single person. Tv was stupid, 30 dollars to watch a movie? Laughable.
Flamenco Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins