3. MSC Seaside
My wife and I (mid 30's) had a perfectly nice time on Seaside. The staff was friendly and engaging, although there was occasionally a language difficulty. The cabin had plenty of space for two people, although the bathroom was quite small. Dining was perfectly fine. Buffet was average but convenient for breakfast/lunch. Dinner in the dining room was quite good, I had one entree the entire week which was not made well. The appetizers/desserts were all high quality. Dinner at Butchers Cut one night was very good. Venchi was outstanding. Didn't have any crowding issues at the pools, yes they were busy, but we found places to sit at the Jungle and deck 16 pools every time we went. Bar service was slow, but I'm guessing it is because most of all of the frozen drinks on the menu which take a while to make. I don't speak Spanish, and I never had a problem being served in order. I would definitely spend more for the Aurea again for a few reasons: Anytime dining (we got a table for 2 each night with zero waiting)...the Aurea sun deck was never busy and had a convenient bar/whirlpools...and the time we spent at the thermal area/spa was excellent. The MSC app was fantastic, we reserved everything we were going to do (except a massage) on the app within the first half hour of boarding. It had full schedules, dinner menu's, etc on your phone/tablet. If you like being near the water, I would definitely suggest this ship. We docked next to a RCL and Disney ship at one port, and you could see being able to be outside on deck 8 (and 7 aft) on Seaside makes a huge difference. Chairs were plentiful for the sun or in the outdoor buffet seating. Excursions were fine. Nothing too exciting, but they were well organized and efficiently run. No issues with figuring out where we should be, should go, or getting to/from the ship.

First time on Seaside, no idea why people are complaining

MSC Seaside Cruise Review by dickbaveta

• Sail Date: May 2019
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Aurea Balcony Stateroom

dickbaveta’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Seaside price drops

• Stingray Swim
    30 min snorkeling with fish, rays and sharks. 30 min educational shallow water hands on with rays. The staff here was fantastic. Enthusiastic and knowledgeable. Pedro was great.
    View All 42 Stingray Swim Reviews
  • Turtle Farm
    Turtle Center was fun if you like turtles. Bus ride was an adventure, but it was nice to be able to see quite a bit of the island.
    View All 301 Turtle Farm Reviews
  • Catamaran Tour
    30 minutes of snorkeling near a decent offshore reef. Cruised around the shore with free rum punch or Jamaican beer. Beach was not even worth stopping at, and it took about 30 minutes to dock because it was so windy.
    View All 19 Catamaran Tour Reviews