3. Norwegian Spirit
After reading other reviews of cruises on this ship, we were a bit worried about sailing on the Norwegian Spirit. In my opinion, the staterooms are the ones that need a bit more updating. Overall, the ship is clean and well taken care of. The staff was friendly and great service during the entire cruise. We booked this cruise specially for the itinerary, because my grandparents were from Canary Islands. This was only our second cruise experience and my husband and I would go back in a heartbeat. The embarkation process was smooth and well organized. There were plenty of workers to help & guide passengers. We arrived there at 11:00 am and the line was not too long. We were totally impressed as to how quickly we got on the ship. The debarkation was excellent! The bedding and pillows were comfortable. I didn’t even know the reading lamps were so close to the mattress, when I moved the pillow I saw the lamp. I get motion sickness, even on a swing. But in the mid-ship inside cabin that we had I didn't feel a thing. In my worry to get an inside mid-ship cabin, I neglected to look at what was beneath our cabin. Yup one of the lounges. Great music that stopped at 12 am. Whenever I called the front desk they were so nice to get them to turn it down. The ship sent us wine and chocolate covered strawberries as an apology. Great personnel. The Norwegian Spirit cruise ship offered a variety of dining options. You’ll find many different types of food for you to enjoy. Five complimentary restaurants and then the specialty restaurants. With Freestyle cruising, you choose where and when you want to dine. We enjoyed Windows Main Dining Room, Gardens Main Dining Room and Raffles the Buffet. If it’s a big group, it’s a good idea to make reservations for the dinner rush at the two Main Dining rooms. The embarkation and debarkation were easy and quick. The shows were good. Plenty of areas to relax and listen to music, dance, etc. Shore Excursions Desk personnel were courteous, helpful, cheerful. NCL offered amazing excursions. We took advantage of it and had an excursion at each port. In some of the ports one of the personnel from the ship would join us. It was comforting to have someone from the ship come along with us. We went to see the Hassan II Mosque, the 3rd largest mosque in the world while we were in Casablanca. Went to Las Palmas, Canary Islands and enjoyed an air conditioned bus tour of the island. Totally enjoyed it! In Tenerife we walked around the town square and enjoyed learning history from our beautiful and gracious tour guide; In Funchal, Madeira the climate was incredible and the scenery amazing, the flowers in full bloom, the fishing village with it's colorful boats; friendly guide; we stopped and had a drink and a snack were able to enjoy the tile paved sidewalks; visit some of the shops; purchased cork made items; Funchal is called Island of Eternal Spring.; Malaga Spain, beautiful exotic wildflowers; great photo opportunities; Alicante had such perfect weather, rich in history; the city was occupied by the Moors for 5 centuries; the Romans occupied Alicante also; the guide informed us that early records show that the city dates back to 325 B.C. when the Carthagininans lived there. We stayed 2 days in Barcelona before the cruise and 2 days after the cruise. I would totally recommend it; La Sagrada Familia it's a must!

10 Day Lovely Trip

mtmsmiles’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Spirit price drops

Mid-Ship Inside
Cabin IB 9083
We picked this cabin because it was mid-ship inside, and for my motion sickness problem this was highly recommended by many reviews we read. This is only our second cruise. In my worry to get an inside mid-ship cabin, I neglected to look at what was beneath our cabin. Yup one of the lounges. Great music that stopped at 12 am, the first night it felt like the people in the next cabin were having a party. Whenever I called the front desk they were so nice to get them to turn it down. The ship sent us wine and chocolate covered strawberries as an apology. Great personnel. The shower was enjoyable, accept that we had to struggle to get the sliding door closed. One of the days we had to call for the plumber to come because black soot looking substance was coming out into the toilet when we flushed. The person who cleaned the rooms was very efficient and accommodating. The bed and pillows were very comfortable.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins