3. Norwegian Spirit
This cruise itinerary - especially the Barcelona departure- was a main reason for choosing this cruise for my husband, daughter and me as well as my parents. As well, we had been on the Norwegian Escape and had loved it. We had read that the Spirit is a bit run down and we’re worried about that. It is true that the cabins need an upgrade however there have been extensive upgrades across the ship that are very impressive: Galaxy bar and Champagne Charlie’s were favourites. The dining rooms were not very impressive both in terms of decor and service. The Escape was much better as were other cruise lines (Carnaval). The main buffet area for breakfast and lunch was quite good. Things that I value, like the gym, were on the basic side and NCL should consider investing here. Ports of call were all wonderful. Staff were friendly throughout. My main issue has been the post cruise service. Unfortunately my husband and daughter had to cancel their cruise fares about a week before sailing because of a health-related issue. I travelled with my parents. We knew that NCL would only reimburse the taxes, fees, surcharges, shore excursions. I have spent the last 3 months trying to sort out the refund. NCL reimbursed my father instead of me and still owes me money for two shore excursions that my husband and daughter cancelled. They don’t seem too concerned that they owe me money. I feel like I am dealing with a government bureaucracy instead of a company in the travel/service industry. I swear I will never travel NCL again.

Wonderful cruise but terrible after cruise customer service

Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review by sharty

• Sail Date: March 2019
  • Destination: Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Balcony

sharty’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Spirit price drops

Mid-Ship Balcony
Cabin BA 10550
Cabin was serviceable. There was nothing special about it so for sure if you are looking for something that resembles a hotel or is it a little luxurious then this is not the ship for you. If you are looking for a decently comfortable room then you will be happy.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins