3. MSC Armonia
Ironically, MSC never sent me a post cruise survey, and I am truthfully not surprised. The first big red flag for me was the cleanliness of the ship. My stateroom was not as clean as it could have been. I had to take my sanitizing wipes to wipe down my room, as their was some sticky substance on the desk. I also noticed that the buffet table servers on this ship NEVER wipe down tables after people are done eating in preparation for the next group to sit down. They would always remove the dirty plates and cups but NEVER wiped the table down with a sanitizing substance. Cleanliness is not a priority on this ship! The bed was like sleeping on a cot. The air conditioner in my room was also not working, so 5 out of 6 nights I woke up in a night sweat. The thermostat said 65 degrees, but it was more like 74 degrees. This was extremely frustrating, especially after being in the Cuban sun all day. Second, the food is gross, and there is minimal variety day to day. The lasagna looked like dog food, smelled like fish food, and tasted unlike anything I ever put in my mouth. Just gross!! The food in general had no seasoning and very bland. The Margherita Pizza is really the only thing that has potential. Other than that, you will be eating pizza with Tuna or Vienna Sausages on it. And the soups come in many unique flavors, such as Peach Soup…Never had it in my life, but it was disgusting too. Even the French Fries lacked flavor. The piglet roll (never heard of it, and no it is not a pork loin) tasted like a wild boar. Bottom line, unless you want to eat a salad 3 meals a day for 6 days, you will be VERY hungry by the end of this cruise. The hostess' in the dining room had terrible attitudes. If you asked them anything other than the location of your table, you got a nasty response. #horriblecustomerservices You will never know what time it is on this ship. I only saw 1 clock on the entire boat, which is by the bar, outside the buffet. No clocks even on the elevators. I flipped through every channel on the television looking for the ships time. Usually the a cruise director will even include time changes in the announcements… NOPE. The casino is also horrible. One of the first red flags was there are no ticket cashing machines, which means the only way to get your money is to go to the cage. This is a sign that they never plan on paying out any money, and you know what… they did not. I played almost every night of the cruise, and never saw 1 jackpot being paid out. I also played (and lost) over $2,600 in this casino and still had to pay for coffee. Only casino players understand my complaint here. Most ships will at least comp small purchases such as coffee if you play over a certain amount in their casino. Instead I got 30% off my next cruse with a $200+ credit to use within the next 9 months. Why would I pay 70% for a cruise to have a dirty room, starve, only to loose thousands of more dollars? No thank you! Only plus for this cruise were the shows and the shore excursions. The production shows were nice. But other than that, nothing else to do on this ship except play BINGO for $20... and that only gets your 1 game. The shore excursions were nice, and I feel I got great value for my money. Bottom line, pay the extra $200 to go to Cuba on another cruise line and enjoy yourself.

Do not take this cruise!

MSC Armonia Cruise Review by TexasCruiseBella

• Sail Date: April 2019
  • Destination: Cuba
  • Cabin Type: Interior Stateroom – Bella

TexasCruiseBella’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Armonia price drops

Interior Stateroom – Bella
Cabin I1 9209
Just dirty with a hard bed and no working air conditioner.
Ametista Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins

• Cozumel
    I was just in Cozumel in December and did a city tour shore excursion then. This time, I opted to just go shopping, and truthful had a great time. I was not interested in doing water activities or going to see any more ruins, so shopping was what I wanted to do.
    View All 6,703 Cozumel Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Cozumel Cruise Port Review
  • Island Tour
    The Best of Cayman tour was amazing. So much so, I think i want to look at investing in a property there. The tour guide was so caring and shared so many personal stories of growing up on the island. We drove through town, went to 7 mile beach, Hell-Grand Cayman, the Turtle Farm, and the rum cake factory. I very much enjoyed this excursion.
    View All 190 Island Tour Reviews
  • City Tour
    Since my cruise was an overnight in Cuba, I did almost 10 hours of city touring over 2 days. I have seen Havana inside and out. A wonderful experience!
    View All 212 City Tour Reviews