3. Celebrity Eclipse
We just returned from our 14 day cruise leaving Santiago, Chile on 3/24 and arriving in San Diego on 4/8. We were in cabin 6230. Here's what we think about our experience: First of all let me say that the STAFF on the ship are the greatest! Everyone wanted to help us enjoy our (for us) expensive vacation. But I do have more than a few concerns about the overall condition of the ship. I feel that this ship really needs time in drydock for upkeep and repair. It wasn't so much the explosion that took out the electricity in part of the ship, which caused the air-conditioning to go down, the elevators to stop working, and the lights in that part of the ship to falter. It wasn't even that at least one of the main elevators were too often offline. Stuff happens. But I don't see why the automatic sliding doors that lead from the pool into the ship would be slow to open and close, or why the rubber weather stripping should be falling away. Also one of the two sinks in the Men's bathroom by the pool had a sign on it stating that it was "tired and resting." For the entire cruise? What's that about? Our cabin felt dingy. While our assigned steward was very pleasant, I had to point out places where fingerprints and smears weren't cleaned from previous guests. And I hate to seem picky, but the remote control to our television was held together by tape. One would think that something like that would be an easy fix. And while I'm on the subject of television, ours kept going down. Repeated calls resulted in various excuses. Someone did call back but I didn't want to spend anymore of our vacation sorting the problem out. What NEVER went down were the TV stations selling hideous art (beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder!) or future cruises.

People great! Ship not so great.

Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review by Edukder