3. Norwegian Bliss
Background information: We took this cruise, with a group of 15 family and friends. I’ve been on NCL ships before, and always enjoyed them. I was apprehensive about going on the Norwegian Bliss, due to the large size. But I was pleasantly surprised to find that I really enjoyed a larger ship. There is so much more to do. Hotel information (if any): We stayed for one night at “Best Western Plus Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall” near the Miami airport. See my review on Trip Advisor. Ship information: I totally loved the ship. Everything was so new and modern and clean. There were a lot of activities, and a lot of places to hang out. Our favourites were The Waterfront, and the two level Observation Lounge. We didn’t even have time to check out all the lounges. I really enjoyed the lack of announcements over the PA system. We were never bombarded with constant info. Everything you want to know about the ship can be viewed on the TV in your room. Activities: The Race Track was a lot of fun. We did the double go karts in the afternoon. It seemed like a very long wait, even though it’s very organized and there weren’t many people ahead of us. Others in our group did the race track in the evening too. Every age group totally loved it. They’re quite small, so you may be squished in your seat though. Mini Golf was fun. There were maybe five holes, and nobody else was playing whenever we were there. We actually met the Captain walking through there one day. You can watch the go karts from the mini golf area. Laser Tag was a blast. We did it around noon, and it was baking hot out. I would like to try it in the dark sometime. You have to keep running back to the start to reload your gun, which becomes exhausting. We went to the Bliss Theatre once to watch Jurassic World in 3D, with popcorn. We also went to see a couple of the shows. It’s a very nice theatre. The Waterfront was spectacular. Wish they had this on every ship. The furniture is so comfortable, and it’s a great place to relax, while watching the world float by. Video arcade was a lot of fun for my nephew, and the adults too. You have to win a lot of tickets to get a decent prize. Service: We only saw our room steward a couple of times, in the hallway. He was always pleasant, but didn’t really engage in conversation. Service in the restaurants was always great. Port & shore excursions: I’ve posted reviews on Trip Advisor, for the activities we did in each port. Travel to embarkation port: We took “Eagle Tour & Transportation” from the hotel to the ship. I’ve posted a review on Trip Advisor. Cabin: we were in aft balcony 13310, which I will review below. Dining: The Local was the first restaurant we tried, when we arrived on-board. Very good food. Went back a few times for wings. Garden Cafe was exceptional. All of the sections were open, the food was tasty, service was good, and there was lots of variety. After the first day we found the area at the front of the ship, overlooking the Observation Lounge, with lots of seating, great views, and quieter than the areas closer to the food. Savour, Taste and Manhattan dining rooms were all great. Delicious food and good service. Los Lobos, Teppanyaki, Cagney’s Steakhouse, Coco’s, Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville® at Sea, and Q were all so good. Teppanyaki was a great experience for a large group. Children's clubs: My nephew only visited once, so I can’t really comment. Entertainment: Jersey Boys was great. I’ve seen it a couple of times off the ship, and was surprised that they actually did the entire play. The Cavern Club was super - great ambience and usually very busy. Havana was just OK, and a bit boring. Disembarkation: it went so smooth, that I can barely remember it. We took our suitcases with us, and easily caught the shuttle bus to the airport, to pick up our rental car. Summary: I would like to cruise again on the Norwegian Bliss. It’s now my favourite ship.

Beautiful ship, with lots of activities.

Norwegian Bliss Cruise Review by klm1

• Sail Date: February 2019
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Aft-facing Balcony Stateroom

Cabin: we were in aft balcony 13310, which I will review below.

Children's clubs: My nephew only visited once, so I can’t really comment.

klm1’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Bliss price drops

Aft-facing Balcony Stateroom
Cabin B1 13310
This was our first cruise in an aft balcony. We rarely had time to use the balcony though, since we were so busy with our group of 15 people. So the extra cost wasn’t worth it, for this trip specifically. But the view was spectacular!

The room has a nice layout, with the couch closer to the door, and the beds closer to the balcony. It’s all very modern, and well thought-out. The TV was great, for finding out everything about the ship.

Bathroom had a LOT of storage, and a decent size shower.

Closet was OK, but I wish I had brought some type of collapsible basket, since there are NO drawers for smaller clothing items.

Balcony had two chairs, and a small table. It was a decent size, but we didn’t use it much.

The noise from the lounge a few floors above us was VERY loud the first night. Luckily it was fine on most nights, and then loud again at the end of the cruise.

Neighbours were all quiet, and we never had any smoke coming from other nearby rooms.

Bottom line ... very nice room, with a a great view!
Deck 15 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins