3. Norwegian Bliss
Overall the Bliss is a great ship, very much in line with the Getaway or Escape. My family of 4 sailed on the Bliss the week of 3/23/19. We had two rooms as we added our 18 year old a few months after we had already booked. Our 18 and 16 year old kids had an interior room right across the hall from our room, which worked out perfectly, While their interior room was small, I thought the bathroom was decent sized and storage in the room/bath was very good. My husband and I had a mini-suite. I like the size of the room and bathroom. Lots of storage and the balcony is big enough to fit 2 people comfortably. This trip was interesting as it was not as hard to find chairs as it has sometimes been on other cruises. The towel game was definitely going on, but not quite as early as I have seen it in the past. Chairs were often still available between 9-10, which I thought was better than usual. The weather wasn't the greatest a couple of days - which may have been a factor. We ate mostly at the specialty restaurants during the week. We at twice at Los Lobos and loved it. The tortilla soup and quacamole made at the table were fabulous. Cagneys was great, as always. We sat outside that night and our timing was perfect for sailing out of the Bahamas and to see the sunset. We also ate at Q and loved it. I had the brisket, which was amazing, such great flavor. They had a country band playing during our dinner, which was an extra treat as they were pretty good! It was nice having two new options to try on this trip with Q and Los Lobos, which I thought were both great additions. We also ate at Teppanayki one night and that was a bit disappointing. The food and show put on by the chef were good as always, but the service was terrible. They sat us and we had to wait 30 minutes to get served until they filled our table. We were not happy and complained and they didn't have much to say - just that someone would be with us shortly. Our other frustration with dinner one night was at Le Bistro - my husband and son did not have pants, so they would not let us eat there. That seems silly as their dress shorts and collared shirt looked better than some people in jeans and what looked almost like sweatpants. I think they should get rid of that requirement. When you are on vacation, you shouldn't have to wear pants! We generally had breakfast and lunch in the Garden Café each day. They have a nice variety of food and everyone could always find something to eat. My husband and son really like the pizza. My only other food related complaint is that they now charge $15 in Margaritaville when it used to be a charge by food item. They also won't let you take food out of there anymore. My husband and I used to like to buy the nachos for lunch and bring them back to our chairs to eat in the sun, which we can no longer do. That was another really irritating change. We had the adult drink package and thought the bar service was great on the ship and never had to wait too long. We especially liked the bartenders at the Mojito Bar and in the observation lounge. I tried lots of different mojitos on this trip, which was fun. We really loved the observation lounge on the ship. It was huge with beautiful windows for gazing at the ocean. A few nights we played cards with the kids and had a drink here before going to dinner. Very relaxing! The kids and my husband tried the go karts and thought it was fun, but ended up having to wait 30 minutes past their assigned time. The kids also tried laser tag one night and did not seem overly wild about that. The new water slide was cool, but people are still getting stuck once in a while. You would think they could get that fixed. We ended up not making any of the shows given our dinner schedule and we are not late night people. We did catch several bands though and thought they were great. We also liked the District Brewhouse and the Cavern Club. The Bliss is a large ship and was filled to capacity - however, given how spread out the restaurants and bars are, it never felt crowded anywhere, other than probably the Garden Café at peak times. We enjoyed the cruise and would go again!

Good cruise with a few minor complaints

Norwegian Bliss Cruise Review by Kimf

• Sail Date: March 2019
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Mid-ship Mini-Suite with Balcony

We enjoyed the cruise and would go again!
Kimf’s Full Rating Summary