3. Norwegian Bliss
I have made a habit of cruising NCL out of Miami on the second week of march. Last few years I was on the Escape, this year the Bliss took over the route. I usually show up at the port after lunch after the crowds so enbarcation was a breeze. From curb to stateroom took less than 15 minutes. Not bad on a sold out ship spring break week cruise. The ship is brand new and it shows. It is a nice mature version of the Breakaway class ships. They finally got the main pool deck right, and made the common open spaces larger or at least feel less enclosed. The new observation deck and upgraded Garden Café are absolutely amazing. My cabin was a solo studio and to my surprise they replaced the corridor facing window with a video screen with a live feed from one of the sides of the ship. This is MUCH more useful than the silly useless windows they had on older ships. Included MDR food was some of the best I've had on an NCL ship and the selections in the Garden Café were seriously top notch (a 5000% improvement on what I had on the Getaway). Bar service was fast and efficient, I never had to wait to be served. Entertainment was up to the usual NCL standards, Jersey Boys in the theatre was a fun ride thru history. Game shows and dance parties were fun and well attended thanks to the Cruise Director's staff really going all out. The Beatles cover band put on an exceptional show in the ship's Cavern Club. Travelling in the Solo Studios, I attended the 5pm solo travellers meetups in the Solo Lounge. Our Solo Host nicknamed "Junior" was superb! He organised our dinners, theatre shows, activities like Go Carts and Laser Tag, and encouraged us to attend the game shows and dance parties. Thanks to his great - and fun - personality and always giving 150% we formed a fun group of solo travellers that gelled very well together and most of us have already booked another cruise together on the Escape next year! Ports were St-Thomas, Tortola and Nassau. I scuba dived in St-Thomas and Nassau, snorkelled again in Tortola. The dives were great, the snorkelling in Tortola was ok, but sadly in BVI the reefs have not recovered from hurricane Irma yet. Debarkation was a breeze! They are using a trial of the new debarkation procedure with the Customs and Immigration agents screening passengers ON the ship (they set up a "customs office" in the MDR) so after walking off you just pick up your luggage in the terminal and walk out. It was quick and efficient. I'd say this was my best NCL cruise to date. I've been on a few of their ships and the Bliss kicked it up a notch.

NCL got it right with the Bliss!

Norwegian Bliss Cruise Review by Pat.D

Pat.D’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Bliss price drops

Studio Stateroom
Cabin T1 11525
The usual NCL Solo Studio, but thanks to the useless corridor facing windows being replaced with a video screen with a live feed from outside the cabin somehow felt a tad larger than it is.
Deck 12 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Scuba Diving
    Amazing dive with Steward Coves. Got lucky, we were only 3 experienced divers so we got to dive a few slightly more adventurous sites with a great DM.
    View All 38 Scuba Diving Reviews
  • Scuba - certified
    Booked a dive with Admiralty Dive Center and it was absolutely great. Small boat, small group, very personalised and attention to detail. Will dive with them again.
    View All 19 Scuba - certified Reviews
  • Snorkeling
    Turtle cove snorkel again, but sadly the area hasn't fully recovered from the hurricane. The cave area is bare rock. Fortunately the seagrass area by the beach is filled with wildlife.
    View All 67 Snorkeling Reviews