3. Ruby Princess
Green Valley River Casino in Las Vegas offered a free cruise to their "high rollers". My wife & I always wanted to see some of the sights along the California coastline. San Diego, San Francisco, Monterrey/Carmel, & Ensenada, Mexico were the featured stops on this 7-day cruise. Unfortunately, the 8-foot swells would not let any of the passengers off the ship's tenders at Monterrey/Carmel, so Princess Cruises let us stay an extra day in San Diego. This permitted us to leave the ship at anytime during the 36 hour stay. Sights we visited: Alcatraz Island, Fisherman's Wharf, San Diego Zoo, USS Midway Museum, and La Bufferaro in Ensenada, Mexico. The ship consisted of mostly older passengers. I would suspect the average was close to 62 years of age. Many passengers well over 70 and very few children on the ship. The entertainment was very good, the service, and the food was excellent. First-run movies were shown daily as well. We stayed in an inside cabin and had a top notch cabin steward. We really enjoyed the cruise and the way we were treated.

California Coastline

Ruby Princess Cruise Review by FLYERFLASH

FLYERFLASH’s Full Rating Summary
Get Ruby Princess price drops

Interior
Cabin IC C-592
Clean as a whistle! Excellent cabin steward (Lino). Room was plenty for just the two of us. Bathrooms as expected were small.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins