3. Jewel of the Seas
We choose to sail sail on the Jewel for the itinerary and the fact that we were on the ship in 2016 and enjoyed ourselves. Our last cruise was on the Freedom of the seas and the food was terrible. We then decided to switch our already planned cruise from the Navigator to Jewel for the reliability. The food: Here is the trick to Royal Caribbean ships. The my time dining is on the same level as the room service level. The food is not going to be as good as the set time dining because they are overwhelmed and overworked. Unfortunately since it was planned last minute, we were stuck on the my time level. There was only one main dining dinner I thought was good. It was when they moved us to the main level because there was cancellations. Otherwise the food this time around was just for survival. The Service: “There is nothing we can do.” was the theme of this ship. There was never enough staff. We were always waiting in huge long lines. We talked with other couples that were on the Jewel before and they also noticed the change. Other Problems: We choose a 9 night sailing date, so the average age of the ship was 60. Normally we love the lack of children, but every one was coughing and sneezing by day five. We had to leave the movie theater twice because of this. Also, at buffets we had to redo our plates multiple times due to careless guests. I guess this really isn’t the ships fault, but it’s something to note. They also had a problem checking our luggage at the end of our trip. We missed our flight as well as most people who had early flights. They said it was because they didn’t have enough custom people checking luggage’s. Every one was delayed by three hours. Staff didn’t seem to care. What we liked: pool in the solarium was easy to get a chair nearby.

Average rock of the seas

Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review by Cruisercatchup

What we liked: pool in the solarium was easy to get a chair nearby.
Cruisercatchup’s Full Rating Summary