3. Jewel of the Seas
My Husband and I cruised the Panama Canal from Acapulco to San Juan 25 years ago for our Silver Weeding Anniversary. So when # 50 was on the Horizon, we decided to do it again, this time in the other direction. Unfortunately my Husband got ill and could not go, but I found a friend who could travel with me, so all was not lost. Embarkation went without a snag and we were on board in less than 15 minutes. This by far was the best embarkation I ever had on any cruise. The Ship needs some TLC. Some of the Elevator indicator lights did not work, so after pressing the elevator button you could hear a ding, but it was nearly impossible to detect which elevator was there. We had booked a dining package for the first two nights and elected Chops for night 1 and Giovanni's night 2. The Service and Food in both establishments was outstanding. Our Dining Room Waiters were quite observant and took care of our needs. The timing of the delivery of the courses could have been a bit better. We waited in excess of 15 minutes after finishing our appetizer before the main dish arrived and again for desert. The shows we watched were good. We had booked Shore excursions for every Port, the majority through Royal Caribbean. No problems until we got the Cabo San Lucas. On day one in Cabo they distributed Tender Tickets and Shore Excursions met on Board and went in a group on a Tender. On Day 2, they did not issue Tender Tickets and it seemed like all the passengers on the Ship decided to tender ashore at the same time. Our tour was to meet on the pier at 9:15, so we got in line to get ashore at 8:15. Needless to say we didn't make it ashore on time and our tour left without us. For future overnights in any Tender Port I would suggest having different Tender Lines for Excursions and other passengers. This snag could have been prevented. Or, do like on day 1 and issue Tender Tickets.

Great Cruise with a few snags

Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review by Gretel1128

The shows we watched were good.

Gretel1128’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Jewel of the Seas price drops

Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 2D 7612
Great Cabin with Balcony, the only drawback was the cover of the lifeboats right in front of our Balcony, so we did not have a good view.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins