3. Voyager of the Seas
We chose this cruise because it was my brother in laws 60th birthday and 9 of us booked to go. I was feeling rather worried after reading quite a few bad reviews after I had booked the trip and we even thought of cancelling. In fact we actually went to cancel and then changed our mind on the day. So glad we didn't cancel. The cruise was great. I had seen quite a few bad reviews, mainly about the food and the staff but also petty ones about the size of the TV in the room, the ship being run down etc etc which I just ignore anyway. Yes the ship is going in for a refit but it still looked really good. I noticed some reviewers whinged about the size of the TV but for goodness sake they need to get a life. If you really do want a big TV in your room then I suggest you pay three times the price and go 5 star on another ship as this won't work for you. I could not believe the speed in which we got on to the ship. I was anticipating a couple of hours but from start to finish it was only about 30 minutes or so. Smooth as!. Getting off was a lot slower but the Queen Mary had also docked and there were over 10,000 of us trying to get off the two ships. So the delay was due to congestion through immigration which is not the ships fault but whoever is responsible to allowing two large ships to disembark at the same time. The food was excellent. Bear in mind this was not an expensive 5-star cruise. We mainly ate in the Windjammer cafe for breakfast and the smorgasbord was really good. We always found a seat no matter what time we went and we never felt crowded or had bad service. Most of the basic dishes were the same every day but many of the main dishes changed every day. we even had Yorkshire puddings on Sunday with the roast. The food included one-off things like Lancashire hotpot, scottish tattie pancakes, grilled prawns, banoffee pie plus all the regulars like curry's, noodle dishes stir fries, roast meats, salads and veggies and cakes galore, hamburgers and fries. All in all the food was excellent. My husband is a chef and he was quite happy as was I with the food provided. Each evening we had pre-dinner drinks at one of many bars and lounges and then went to the Sapphire dining room and had a fab 3 course dinner from an extensive menu that took about 1.5 hours. Then a show afterwards and off to bed. Casino, dancing bars etc went on until the early hours in you wanted to stay up. We didn't buy the drinks package as we are not heavy drinkers. If you are, as were some of the Aussies on board who must have had pickled livers by the time they got off, then the package will be good value for you. We were offered it cheaper on the first day when we got onto the ship, than we could buy it beforehand. It worked out with the discount about AUD $1000 for two people for the 7 nights. We just bought a bottle of wine between the two of us and if there was any left after dinner they keep it for you for the next night. All of the staff that we encountered were friendly and helpful. We are easy going people so perhaps why we didn't have any issues. I imagine if everyone thinks you are a pain in the rear then you will find some problem with this ship. The problem will most likely be that you are on it. The staff were really polite and very helpful. We encountered no rude staff at all. We went to four of the shows after dinner and enjoyed them all. We also went ashore each day and took a cab and did our own thing as we have been to KL, Langkawi, Penang and Phuket before. Personally if I ever went again on this particular cruise I would stay on board for all the destinations apart from Phuket and just enjoy the relaxing holiday on the ship. KL is an hour each way from the port, worthwhile if you want to do some shopping especially shoes as it is shoe shopping heaven providing you have small feet (under size 38 or size 8) You can find good day trips available through trip advisor if you don't want to pay the inflated prices on the ship. Remember everything that you buy on the ship is in US$. All in all I will now do another cruise with Royal Caribbean and would go on this ship Voyager of the Seas again

FABULOUS TIME AND WELL WORTH THE MONEY

sonandsal’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Voyager of the Seas price drops

Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 6D 6366
The cabin was clean at all times. The steward Nyoman was friendly and gave us good service. Took a few minutes to chat when he could and was always obliging. The room was tidied again in the evening while we were at dinner and the bed turned down each night. Overall the cabin was bigger than I had imagined and well laid out with kettle, coffee and tea available in the room. The TV was not huge but hey you are on holidays and it was more than adequate to catch up with the news.
Large balcony with two chairs and a table. We didn't actually sit out there but we did stand by the rails most evenings and just enjoy the warm breeze.
The king size bed was super comfy, pillows great and plenty of them and enough wardrobe space. We took spare wire dry cleaners type hangers (as always) as we like to hang up what we can and not stuff the drawers to the max.
Deck 12 Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins