3. Oasis of the Seas
Why go on a ship with 6000 other passengers? To experience the size of spaces that a ship of this size can only provide. The size and scope of the shows are also difficult if not impossible for other ships to duplicate . We were on the allure of the seas about four years ago on a Mediterranean cruise and The shows on the oasis were far superior. Somethings that come to mind are we had a boardwalk balcony view cabin towards the back of the ship room #9327 which afforded us a view of the boardwalk but also the aqua theater and the ocean . At night with the ocean view would be boring and dark you still have things to see in the boardwalk so more interesting I think at night . I brought a fan and earplugs and had no problem with noise . We knew noise from aqua theater and shows would be there but sliding glass door really shut down the noise .Three people in the cabin , myself ,wife & 84-year-old mother . Drainage for sink and shower were best I’ve ever had on a cruise ship . So Nice not having to stand in water to take a shower .Shower was tight for me and I am 6 foot 200 pounds but I made it work it is round in shape. With the sofa bed out space was limited but again you can make do .The balcony was decent sized ,table & 2 chairs. We received two Royal Caribbean soda refill cups in the room . I guess it was part of getting a boardwalk room. No real information on it or how to use it but we figured it out and I think a soda package is about $70 per guest so nice perk . We purchased the blue lagoon deluxe beach break through Royal Caribbean and getting there was not pleasant like herding cattle , with 40 minute ferry to and from it didn’t leave much time to do much .The lunch provided was a short buffet line that you were allowed to go through one time so pile on the food because you can’t go back .They did have a very tasty lemon and strawberry?slushy’s as much as you wanted. For the cost of the excursion I don’t feel it was worth it, maybe if you did the dolphin encounter it would be worth it . You get specials and discounts emailed to you from Royal Caribbean before your cruise and one of the specials I decided to purchase was the BOGO specialty restaurant offer but I failed to see that you must use it on The first two days only so be aware of that ,not real obvious in promo . Also you had to go through the casino for your shore excursions which is very smoky , The left side is less but still smoky . Also two out of the three main restaurants have the casino entrance adjacent to their entrance and the smoky smell trickles in . My time dining doesn’t I believe . Coke machines to refill your Royal Caribbean glasses were found in Sorrento‘s pizza on royal promenade deck 5 and up in Windjammer buffet towards the back deck16. Might have been more on the ship but I never found them. Making reservations for every show for specific times and dates is kind of a pain but you can do it the only problem is ...... our first night cats was canceled , our second night oasis of dreams aqua theater show was canceled . Now when the rescheduled times were announced they conflicted with our dinner schedule ,and shore excursions .We never got a round to rescheduling them but happily to our surprise we showed up for a cat show that we had not reserved but with our Sea passes We’re scanned and it showed we were in their system as well as oasis of dreams same thing .So my guess is if you had made a reservation and they were the ones who canceled it you were already in their system for any other time for that show they show they had. We were happy about that because both were quality shows. Cat is a Broadway show . People next to us who said they had seen it at Broadway said it was very close to what they saw and I quality . You know opera and ballet are very difficult and I appreciate how hard it is to do it well but I still don’t really enjoy it . Cats wasn’t quite like that but I sat through it just to kind of get cultured .LOL.We saw their parade through the Royal promenade ,best seen from deck six looking down but we were on deck five and although crowded could see it my 84-year-old mom liked it . Very high energy . Only done one time . Booked the 5 star tour of Saint Thomas through Royal Carribean, save your money NOT even one star! Different guide would have made a little difference but still no .First two hours of the “tour” we were dropped off in the district for all the jewelry store Hockers we’re out soliciting you to come in to sell you jewelry it was nonstop and constant I just wanted to get away. That was two hours of my life I can’t get back . My brother just walked off the ship and found somebody to taxi him around for $25 took him too many of the places we did not go . Our tour bus of maybe 15 people Stalled out going up the mountain at least five or six times and of course could not understand a word from our tour guide I yelled out many times do we need to get out and push they changed out different van and guide. Ended up in Megans Bay beach but got there so late that we were the last ones to leave got back to the ship but it was pitch dark and missed the headliner show we had scheduled ,wound up never seeing it . Tip ...... Bring your iPod and headphones would have made passing the boring times a little less painful . I enjoyed the fresh squeezed orange juice and “ egg McMuffin “ at Park Café , easy in easy out . Contrary to some reviews oasis did not appear run down tired or old . was clean and staff appeared happy to serve you, I am still amazed because they see different people every week with no breaks . “ Frozen in time “ ice-skating show probably most entertaining of all shows , much better than Alure’s and there wasn’t one show that I wouldn’t rate A- or better, other than the comedy show which was just OK B- . The pizza at Sorrento‘s was better than expected fresh and hot and welcome for some reason later at night after shows for a late night snack . Learned a trick to get on the elevators . There was five of us and we used stairs for two or three flights but my mom is 84 so sometimes had to use elevators . First trick don’t all have to get on at once but see if you can just slip one or two in and the others wait for a new elevator . Sometimes it’s best to go down to go up . Sounds funny but with the elevator to go down is open get in that one take it down ,and then go up . I did have a problem with the quality of food that wasn’t a specialty restaurant . The speciality restaurants Certainly a more intimate and quiet experience and the food was consistently good .We did 150 Central park , Giovanni‘s table , chops grill , Izumi hibachi had a good show but terrible desserts but one specialty restaurant where you can see the ocean ,, went up to Windjammer for sweets, also looks out over the ocean , they sure have quite the artist carving watermelon designs real works of art , One night they had cotton candy making station and made to order crepes, When we were in the Grand(they picked 8PM time for us but would change to earlier seating if could do over for ease of seeing shows)it was LOUD,they had a parade both nights for the waiters that was deafening we did happen to hit lobster night on day six , and they do give you as many as you want seemed a little fishy but hey it’s seafood so quit complaining and eat them . The soda was so flat every night it was like a half glass of soda left out overnight and then poured into a picture and then poured back into your glass , yeah I know soda is bad for you but I’m on vacation so stick it , The second night I brought my cup refilled it at Sorrento‘s first so at least I had fizz for the first glass. Over all a very enjoyable cruise we played miniature golf , ping-pong , I did the zip line which is worth doing if there is not a long wait I would say if there’s more than three or four people ahead of you come back later . One thing I missed was a designated movie theater showing movies continuously like Disney but alas they probably use that space for a big smoky casino . You can get movies on your TV but again got to pay for them,This day and age other than Disney it seems that you have to pay extra for everything like Soda,movies,decent food, using the bathroom , no not really I just threw that last one in, their public bathrooms are amazingly large and clean quite impressive.I’m so tired of writing I have to stop,hope this helps other people with some info.

Things you probably haven’t heard before

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by disneydad4

• Sail Date: February 2019
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Boardwalk View Balcony

disneydad4’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas price drops

Boardwalk View Balcony
Cabin 1I 9327
The only better Cabin of this type would be one at the end 9329, of course the aqua theater suite is amazing but the price he is very high
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins