3. Oasis of the Seas
We had never been on a big (BIG) ship before, we like sailing from Pt. Canaveral, the Oasis was heading to the Western Caribbean - so we went for it. Glad we did. Good service throughout the cruise, throughout the ship. Our cabin steward Erica always met our needs, brining us ice or more towels whenever we needed them. She saw the sink was not draining so she called maintenance and it was draining fine in 10 minutes. We ate most of our meals in the buffet - the Windjammer - always found a table, always fast service to clean up tables where the diners had left. Food selection for us was fine - though I did miss the papaya we had on on our last RCI cruise - on Brilliance of the Seas. Always soup, always lots of fruit, fish, vegetables and salad choices for the non-meat eater in our group. Croissants at most breakfasts were too good to pass up. Sorrentos on the Promenade deck (5) had pizza that was a quick snack a bit too often for our caloric intake - still good. We had breakfast in Central Park a couple of days - much more relaxed with still adequate choices for us. We'll go back there more on the next cruise. Labadee has a great beach! Got off the boat at 8:00 and was on a beach chair, under a coconut tree, listening to Haitian music right behind my head by 8:30 - The water was fine for swimming, and with my swim goggles, I could see the bottom, with many little fish, while I swam a few "laps" - I could get soft drinks for free (we had the beverage package) about 5 steps from beach chair - the buffet lunch was a bit further, as were the rest rooms. A server was bringing drinks around for purchase - could not have been much better. We'll go back as soon as we find a cruise that'll take us there. Went to Margaritaville at both Falmouth and Cozumel, so you know we enjoyed those ports, as well. Some tips I wish I knew before we got on: Men’s restrooms are often on port side Women’s often on starboard side .. Good to know if you gotta go (at the Windjammer they are both on the port side) Push a little green button to open some sliding doors to / from outside .. look for it Great running / walking track around the ship outside on Promenade deck 5 . If you walk down to the track from the Fitness Center on deck 6, you will see signs to “starting line” to the right. Nicely marked in miles and kilometers If using a wheelchair, to get from one end of the ship to the other, use Promenade deck 5 - inside, rather than using stateroom corridors - less obstacles, plus it’s more lively Six Coke Freestyle machines…2 on Promenade deck 5 on left side of Sorrentos and 4 inside side the Windjammer Buffet .. 2 on each side. When going ashore you will go down to deck 3 and take an escalator to the gangway on deck 2 .. towels available on deck 15 before you go..they say they have them just after you get off the ship..they ran out our first day ashore at 8:02 AM..so I counted 37 people angrily waiting for the next cartload of towels. 15 starboard is the choice Smokers hang out on port side of decks 15 and 16. We stayed on the starboard side when walking from one end to the other after learning this one time. Loved the big ship - loved the ports - we'll be back.

BIG ship didn't seem crowded to us

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by MichaelCruiser

Some tips I wish I knew before we got on:

Men’s restrooms are often on port side

Loved the big ship - loved the ports - we'll be back.
MichaelCruiser’s Full Rating Summary