3. Carnival Imagination
Just returned from our first cruise with my daughter and adult grandchildren on Carnival Imagination from Long Beach CA to Ensenada Mexico. We booked the smaller suites with balconies on the Veranda deck. We had a fantastic time and it was just what we needed in a mini vacation. We knew the Imagination was an older smaller ship which was fine for a short trial cruise. I arrived first and was so relieved the garage had benches so I could sit and wait for family and be out of the cold weather. There were many porters to take bags out of cars and they worked quickly to move bags to the ship. Checking in was easy and quick and along the path to board, there were many Carnival staff welcoming us. What I appreciated and liked best was the very diverse and friendly Carnival staff from so many countries; and any time we had a question any staff member was happy to help. When I had an issue about a charge, Lori Ann in Guest Services took care of the bill quickly and very efficiently. Also, we were assigned the Spirit Dining Room where Abigail, Kamaljet and Angela served us each night flawlessly and food was so delicious. What was lacking was some of food in the food court was very much below par so we went to the deli and Guy's Burgers which always had lines. It seemed that Alcohol was highly promoted and the main activity for many, there were so many bars and people drinking. We had to call to report our loud drunk room neighbors who were arguing at 11pm; security took care of the issue and called us back to make sure it solved the problem very quickly. I use a walker and cane which was a little difficult at times moving through crowds; my rollator walker had a strap on the seat which I could lift to make the walker narrower which helped a great deal. We all decided cruising is for us and we will definitely be making reservations at a future time. Thank you terrific Carnival employees!

Had a wonderful first cruise!

Carnival Imagination Cruise Review by nanthegram

• Sail Date: February 2019
  • Destination: Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Junior Suite

nanthegram’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Imagination price drops

Junior Suite
Cabin JS V22 and V19
Our rooms were perfect for two each, they also had small refrigerators and a safe; Leo and Mary, our room stewards, made sure we had what we needed without being obtrusive.

Our room V22 bathroom had a sewer smell - a staff member came up and recleaned but it didn't help so we kept the fan on which solved the problem.
Verandah Deck Inside Cabins, Suite Cabins