3. Carnival Imagination
This is mainly a shore excursion review. My daughter (on spring break from college) and I did the Bufadora Kayak excursion. Rebecca and Carlos were our guides and they were great. (Jose-Luis was our driver and he was great as well, but didn't get in the water.) Nice drive out to the point, and then suited up. I recommend the wetsuits - they will keep you warm if the water is cold. Also, take Dramamine or other seasickness prevention. We had 5-6-foot swells, and when you're out in a small (even 2-person) kayak, you feel it more than in the cruise ship. We had great views of La Bufadora, far better than what is seen up top. Carlos led the way, and my daughter and I learned pretty fast how to paddle straight, how to turn, all with the help of Carlos and Rebecca. We got some great pics. If you have a waterproof camera or a waterproof sleeve for your phone, you may want to plan to take those. After paddling back in and rinsing off and changing, we headed up to the top of the Bufadora shopping street for great tacos. Then a quiet drive back to the ship, or to town to do some shopping. The cruise itself was great. I've done this particular cruise two other times, and the staff works hard to make sure everyone has fun. The weather was a little colder than we hoped, so less time for my daughter to sun on deck, but we lounged and read books in Serenity and other places on deck. We won a Thomas Kincade print at the art auction, and recommend those events as a fun thing to do. They had an egg-drop contest, and let individuals or teams build whatever they could to protect an egg dropped from the 10th deck to the 7th in the atrium. All winners won a medal. Our team used a parachute and straw design and won our medal. That was a fun part of the sea day. Shoutouts to Putu (room steward) and to Abigail and Angela, our dining room dinner staff. Highly recommend.

Cooler than we had hoped for. Bufadora Kayak Adventure was awesome!

Carnival Imagination Cruise Review by Parkatola

Highly recommend.
Parkatola’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Imagination price drops

Cabin R203
Riviera Deck, Starboard side, aft of the rear stairwell. The seas had some swells and on the upper decks it was easy to feel the ship moving, but down low and towards the back seems to be the best place to get away from the feeling of the movement. Two twin beds, standard Carnival ocean-view room.
  Carnival Imagination Deck Plans

• Vehicle Rental
    Rented a golf cart and drove the route all over the island. One hour likely will be enough. We got two hours, which came with a third hour, but had to walk around the beach and casino and drive the route twice to eat into the first ten minutes of the third hour.
    View All 1 Vehicle Rental Reviews